Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old February 11, 2014, 20:08   #1
bio_hazard
Knight

bio_hazard is on a distinguished road
Feature Suggestion- item-specific inventory cap

It would be nice to have auto-pick-up-if-matching-inventory work up until some limit that the player could set. For example, my priest becomes overburdened when he inadvertently picks up 4 or 5 of each town book. Right now I'd like a limit of 2 or 3, so I won't keep picking them up and carrying around the extra weight. However, I'd like to be able to change that upwards once I find a few strength potions and weight is less of a concern. I don't think squelch is the answer because I may need the books on the ground if the ones in inventory get destroyed.

Even better, be able to set this for all of an item type (e.g. books, staves, etc)

Note that I wouldn't want this to replace the confirm prompt for going over your encumbrance limit.
bio_hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2014, 02:06   #2
chrispitude
Rookie

chrispitude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio_hazard View Post
It would be nice to have auto-pick-up-if-matching-inventory work up until some limit that the player could set. For example, my priest becomes overburdened when he inadvertently picks up 4 or 5 of each town book. Right now I'd like a limit of 2 or 3, so I won't keep picking them up and carrying around the extra weight. However, I'd like to be able to change that upwards once I find a few strength potions and weight is less of a concern. I don't think squelch is the answer because I may need the books on the ground if the ones in inventory get destroyed.

Even better, be able to set this for all of an item type (e.g. books, staves, etc)

Note that I wouldn't want this to replace the confirm prompt for going over your encumbrance limit.
I have the same problem and would like the exact feature you describe.
chrispitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2014, 03:06   #3
molybdenum
Apprentice

molybdenum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio_hazard View Post

There is a ticket for this (http://trac.rephial.org/ticket/858), but as you can see, it hasn't been tackled.

In the meantime, I prevent picking up extra books by inscribing the ones in my inventory with '!k' and then squelch them. The ones in your inventory stay put, but you don't see or pick up any on the ground. If you do end up needing any, you can just toggle squelch with 'K'.
molybdenum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2014, 09:19   #4
krazyhades
Swordsman

krazyhades is on a distinguished road
I do the same with !d and the roguelike keyset, which AFAIK has the same effect.
krazyhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2014, 17:34   #5
bio_hazard
Knight

bio_hazard is on a distinguished road
Thanks- maybe I'll give that a try.
bio_hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12, 2014, 20:28   #6
Philip
Knight

Philip is on a distinguished road
That leads to books destroyed by fire not being replaced. It's a fun workaround, but it has issues.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2014, 02:43   #7
Estie
Veteran

Estie is on a distinguished road
I only do that if I have fire immunity; otherwise, I just occasionally drop off surplus books that have accumulated. But always with dungeon books.
Estie is offline   Reply With Quote