Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2011, 03:39   #11
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer
 
will_asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,124
Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
Playing with 32x32 tiles, detect treasure detects a ring mimic, but doesn't display it. If I (accidentally) scroll over where it's at it says "a black diamond ring of dexterity" but shows no graphic (just darkness). Detecting monsters revealed it to be an actual mimic. Don't know if it's strictly a tile problem or not?
Not sure, I'll have to do some testing with this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
...also, Shift-q asks "Do I really want to abandon the quest?"... what quest?
The quest to kill Morgoth. I just took out the use of the word 'suicide'. I guess I should make the wording clearer.
...How about "Are you sure you want to run home to your momma and hope someone else kills Morgoth?"
__________________
Will_Asher
aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 13:15   #12
buzzkill
Prophet
 
buzzkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 2,939
Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Here's my save file. For some reason my starves of mapping aren't stacking (first time this happened to me), and you can look into the hitting myself problem too (though it doesn't happen very often anymore).
Attached Files
File Type: zip 102 - 14.zip (36.1 KB, 135 views)
__________________
www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.
buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 03:18   #13
buzzkill
Prophet
 
buzzkill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 2,939
Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
"It dies from lack of light!" I am wielding a light source, but I keep getting this message, sometimes many many <x12> <x5> <x15> times on a single turn. Nothing appears to be happening. I'm on a fairy forest level. No SI, No ESP. Never seem this message before. Not sure what's going on. Thought maybe it's a bug. If not, don't spoil me, I'll figure it out (or not).

... also this (see pic) happened upon detecting treasure. Two rings of strength detected but the wording is slightly off. I'm assuming one of the two was a mimic, but wasn't interested in either so didn't bother to investigate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rings.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	641  
__________________
www.mediafire.com/buzzkill - Get your 32x32 tiles here. UT32 now compatible Ironband and Quickband 9/6/2012.
My banding life on Buzzkill's ladder.
buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 04:50   #14
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer
 
will_asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,124
Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
"It dies from lack of light!" I am wielding a light source, but I keep getting this message, sometimes many many <x12> <x5> <x15> times on a single turn. Nothing appears to be happening. I'm on a fairy forest level. No SI, No ESP. Never seem this message before. Not sure what's going on. Thought maybe it's a bug. If not, don't spoil me, I'll figure it out (or not).

... also this (see pic) happened upon detecting treasure. Two rings of strength detected but the wording is slightly off. I'm assuming one of the two was a mimic, but wasn't interested in either so didn't bother to investigate.
thanks for the reports. I'll check & try to make sure mimics are listed using the same wording as real objects.

The "It dies from lack of light" message is a known bug caused by monsters casting the darkness spell from out of line of sight around other monsters which are vulnerable to darkness (like most light fairies are). I'm pretty sure I knew about it before the release of 1.3.0, but either forgot to fix it or made a change which I thought fixed it but didn't.
Actually it's two bugs because monsters aren't supposed to be be killing each other by casting darkness, and you shouldn't be getting the message from out of line of sight even if they were.
__________________
Will_Asher
aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 20:19   #15
soyaki
Scout
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 33
soyaki is on a distinguished road
Crashes/issues

I was running into a game crash issue where it seemed like I was getting too many objects on the screen. I was plowing through a dragon pit on a level with a vault (created by Treasure Map, FWIW).

My dump is on the ladder. I do also wonder what is corrupting me--but that might not be a bug but rather a failure to read on my part.
soyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 01:11   #16
soyaki
Scout
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 33
soyaki is on a distinguished road
Save file

So, no corruption now... sorry, I am a bad bug-tester. Attaching save file just in case it helps, but I doubt it.

However, I do wonder if the spell Banish or Summon is supposed to occasionally (like one in 5 times?) clear out ALL the nearby monsters. Maybe so, but it does sort of break the idea of vaults.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 102.zip (45.3 KB, 153 views)
soyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 01:41   #17
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer
 
will_asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,124
Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyaki View Post
However, I do wonder if the spell Banish or Summon is supposed to occasionally (like one in 5 times?) clear out ALL the nearby monsters. Maybe so, but it does sort of break the idea of vaults.
yes it is. It occationally has the same effect as the mage's mass banishment spell (maybe I should make this effect a little less likely).
and yes, there has also been discussion about mass banishment being a cheap method to clear vaults, but it's nothing new. I am considering not allowing mass banishment to affect monsters in a vault (which would also apply to that effect of the tourist's banish or summon spell).
__________________
Will_Asher
aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 06:48   #18
soyaki
Scout
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 33
soyaki is on a distinguished road
Updated savefile

Okay, same level as before. I have been crashing more and more, but I finally isolated to a reproducible bug... which coincidentally involves Bug Spray.

See attached savefile. When I cast Bug Spray (p b e) on the next turn, my game crashes to desktop.

I think I have been seeing this a few times, not sure if it was just bug spray.


Quote:
Originally Posted by will_asher View Post
yes it is. It occationally has the same effect as the mage's mass banishment spell (maybe I should make this effect a little less likely).
and yes, there has also been discussion about mass banishment being a cheap method to clear vaults, but it's nothing new. I am considering not allowing mass banishment to affect monsters in a vault (which would also apply to that effect of the tourist's banish or summon spell).
Admittedly, I'm pretty noob around here... haven't played in 5 yrs or so... sorry
Attached Files
File Type: zip 102.zip (44.2 KB, 137 views)
soyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 20:04   #19
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer
 
will_asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,124
Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyaki View Post
Okay, same level as before. I have been crashing more and more, but I finally isolated to a reproducible bug... which coincidentally involves Bug Spray.

See attached savefile. When I cast Bug Spray (p b e) on the next turn, my game crashes to desktop.

I think I have been seeing this a few times, not sure if it was just bug spray.
Thanks. I don't see why it's crashing with a quick look and probably won't have a chance to take a closer look for at least a few days though.
__________________
Will_Asher
aka LibraryAdventurer

My old variant DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2011, 01:30   #20
soyaki
Scout
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 33
soyaki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_asher View Post
Thanks. I don't see why it's crashing with a quick look and probably won't have a chance to take a closer look for at least a few days though.
Ooof, I think I just ran into the same issue that William ran into... Wyrm of Disruption "caused an explosion" and Arthur now has excess hitpoints. Savefile attached.

[Last Messages]

Code:
 Name   Arthur                                   Self  RB  CB  EB   Best
 Sex    Male              Age        18   STR! 18/100  +0  +0 +12 18/220
 Race   Human             Height     76   INT! 18/100  +0  +2 +13 18/250
 Class  Tourist           Weight    186   WIS! 18/100  +0  -2  +1  18/90
 Title  Unlikely Hero     Status     25   DEX! 18/100  +0  +1  +6 18/170
 HP     1454/1017         Score   44528   CON! 18/100  +0  +0 +13 18/230
 SP     223/401                           CHR! 18/100  +0  +2  +5 18/170

--

> The throwing axe of Orinar (1d5) (+8,+9) hits the great wyrm of disruption.
> The great wyrm of disruption grunts with pain.
> You catch the throwing axe of Orinar (1d5) (+8,+9) as it comes back to you.
> The great wyrm of disruption causes an explosion!
> The cave floor twists in an unnatural way!
> You are bashed by rubble!
> You have been stunned.


I have a bad feeling about surviving...
Attached Files
File Type: zip 102-1.zip (50.7 KB, 153 views)
soyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you like to sell stuff PowerDiver Vanilla 4 July 4, 2011 06:19
Where is stuff? Speusippus Vanilla 13 January 24, 2011 22:55
Too much stuff. Zappa AAR 26 June 16, 2010 18:04
Unofficial Oangband release Nick Variants 101 September 4, 2009 15:47
Sangband - questions about latest offical/unofficial version NotMorgoth Variants 11 September 27, 2008 10:23


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.