Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19, 2020, 01:48   #291
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 54
Posts: 7,974
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudd View Post
There is a new stat I am not familiar with. Damage Reduction +5 was on a pc of armor i found. Not sure how this translates?!
It's just a flat reduction of damage from every time you take damage. So it's great when you're surrounded by weak monsters that are doing small amounts of damage per blow, but not very helpful against big breathers and spellcasters.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2020, 05:46   #292
Mudd
Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 107
Mudd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
It's just a flat reduction of damage from every time you take damage. So it's great when you're surrounded by weak monsters that are doing small amounts of damage per blow, but not very helpful against big breathers and spellcasters.
seems pretty useless to me...sorry.
Mudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2020, 05:51   #293
DavidMedley
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 312
DavidMedley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudd View Post
seems pretty useless to me...sorry.
I'll take it, if you're not using it.
DavidMedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2020, 06:30   #294
eastwind
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Mexico, undisclosed location
Posts: 79
eastwind is on a distinguished road
AGGRAVATE on artifacts

15 artifacts have AGGRAVATE on their flags. Shouldn't this be a curse and therefore have some chance of removal?

I entered a bug for this.

https://github.com/angband/angband/issues/4247
eastwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2020, 07:02   #295
Pete Mack
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,597
Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
NOT a bug. Many extremely powerful artifacts have permanent aggro. Some perilous ones have it too. Some are both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwind View Post
15 artifacts have AGGRAVATE on their flags. Shouldn't this be a curse and therefore have some chance of removal?

I entered a bug for this.

https://github.com/angband/angband/issues/4247
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2020, 13:24   #296
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 54
Posts: 7,974
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwind View Post
15 artifacts have AGGRAVATE on their flags. Shouldn't this be a curse and therefore have some chance of removal?

I entered a bug for this.

https://github.com/angband/angband/issues/4247
Pete was correct, so the first bug report under the new regime has been successfully resolved
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2020, 19:28   #297
eastwind
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Mexico, undisclosed location
Posts: 79
eastwind is on a distinguished road
My argument is that, given the implementation of curses within the code, the *proper* way to implement a permanent malus is a curse with a power that is too high to overcome with any remove curse spell available.

That way, it will show up as {cursed} and, for aggravate, the description will have Aggravates nearby monsters. (red text as opposed to white).

This would then be consistent with other non-artifact weapons that have curses that apply the aggravation effect, such as curse of irritation.

I would argue that all new malus effects should be implemented this way, for consistency.
eastwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2020, 19:41   #298
Pete Mack
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,597
Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
@Eastwind--
I thought about that before. But I realized that curses per se don't show up on the character screen, where attributes like Aggravate show up. Your argument originally was "should stand some chance of removal" in any case.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2020, 15:54   #299
WindLord
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 2
WindLord is on a distinguished road
Dual Screen

Hello,
I have a dual screen When I detach my laptop and go somewhere else, I try to play Angband. It seems to start, thinks a while then shuts down. Do I need to reset the game to my laptop screen to be able to play it on travel?
Thank you,
WindLord
WindLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2020, 11:53   #300
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 54
Posts: 7,974
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
I can produce a version of this. Stand next to gold or an object that would normally be auto-picked up. Wizard mode in a monster to interrupt run. Walking onto the object will pick it up. Running onto it wont.
This doesn't work for me in current dev version. I'm hoping it's because the bug has been accidentally fixed...
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reviving Iso-Angband, an isometric view addon for Angband Hajo Development 111 August 3, 2014 20:44


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.