Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old April 16, 2013, 19:37   #81
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
I've just looked at the following:

You cannot recall from either dlvl99 or dlvl100, which means that you need to kill both Sauron and Morgoth and descend to dlvl101 to be able to recall. If you're not playing a pure ironman character, you may want to restock on supplies between the two fights. It would be nice to allow recall on these levels when the corresponding unique has been killed: you kill Sauron, recall to
town, restock, recall down (or simply take the stairs), kill Morgoth, and finally recall back to town.

Once the character reaches dlvl127 and recalls, it's game over (recalling back or taking stairs either doesn't work or more probably crashes). Maybe always allow recall to dlvl127?
I think I handled the dlvl 127 case, I can't remember exactly how since this was a long time ago. I certainly thought about it. The game does warn you before entering dlevel 99 or 100 that you will not be able to recall until killing Sauron or Morgoth. I think you can recall from 99 after killing Sauron and then the next time you descend you'll be at 100.

I'll double check all this since I did port this over to V, thanks for pointing it out!
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2013, 19:52   #82
AnonymousHero
Veteran

AnonymousHero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzix View Post
I think I handled the dlvl 127 case, I can't remember exactly how since this was a long time ago. I certainly thought about it. The game does warn you before entering dlevel 99 or 100 that you will not be able to recall until killing Sauron or Morgoth. I think you can recall from 99 after killing Sauron and then the next time you descend you'll be at 100.

I'll double check all this since I did port this over to V, thanks for pointing it out!
I take it this is only relevant if you're playing ironman(ish)?
AnonymousHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2013, 20:00   #83
fizzix
Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousHero View Post
I take it this is only relevant if you're playing ironman(ish)?
yeah. shouldn't make any difference unless you have no recall, or forced descend checked.
Old April 17, 2013, 15:50   #84
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzix View Post

I'm currently looking at the 3.5 changes to port them for my variant. The current code has the following:
- if max_depth is 127, recalling from town will land you on dlvl127 (correct)
- if max_depth is 127, using the down staircase in town crashes the game (the code checks p_ptr->depth == MAX_DEPTH instead of p_ptr->max_depth + 1 == MAX_DEPTH so you end up at depth = 128)

Concerning recall on quest levels, I checked again and you're right (I didn't look directly at the "is_quest" fuction which handles the case when Sauron and Morgoth have been killed). You can recall when Sauron or Morgoth are killed.
Old April 26, 2013, 14:40   #85
Raajaton
Swordsman

Raajaton is on a distinguished road
Encountered a bug last night after killing Sauron. After he died, no down stairs were generated where he died, or any where else on the level for that matter. I had to cast Create Stairs a few times and eventually got some that went down.
Raajaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2013, 15:47   #86
fizzix
Prophet

@powerWyrm, good catch on 127, I'll try to fix that immediately.

@raajaton, what options were you using?
Old April 26, 2013, 15:52   #87
Raajaton
Swordsman

Raajaton is on a distinguished road
The only non-standard option I ran for this game was no_selling. Everything else was default.
Raajaton is offline   Reply With Quote