AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old June 5, 2015, 13:04   #391
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Not a bug. Non-unique ancient dragons have only "ONLY_ITEM" in 3.5 too. Not even "DROP_GOOD".

That's just unusual because it is so shallow level item.
Just checked again and you're right. Just didn't remember that this was changed in 3.5.
Old June 5, 2015, 13:33   #392
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Just checked again and you're right. Just didn't remember that this was changed in 3.5.
It does feel wrong though. It feels that Wyrms should have a bit better drops, but for game balance point of view just ordinary item drop works fine.

Internal debate goes a bit like this:

- I want more!!!
- You have speed +32, weapon that makes 600+ damage, AC 200+, HP 1000+ and all the consumables and resistances you wanted. You don't need more.
- I WANT MORE!!! "Need" is not an issue here.
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2015, 13:41   #393
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
No idea if it has been reported before, but in the latest comp I've found arrows of acid that I wanted to keep for Sauron, so I inscribed them @f9 so they end up in slot j. The quiver is made of slots a-g and j. When I generate a chardump, slot j is not mentioned.
Old June 5, 2015, 16:22   #394
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
No idea if it has been reported before, but in the latest comp I've found arrows of acid that I wanted to keep for Sauron, so I inscribed them @f9 so they end up in slot j. The quiver is made of slots a-g and j. When I generate a chardump, slot j is not mentioned.
Yeah, I think Thraalbeast has mentioned this one. And we're still waiting to see if Nick will return the quiver to the 3.5.1 identification of numbers 0 - 9 so that they make sense with the inscriptions for firing.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2015, 21:04   #395
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
I think I found a bug in the blows calculation. I had 3.8 blows and I watched my combat carefully for quite a while and never saw four blows even though it seems like I should have gotten four blows 80% of the time. Unless partial blows does not work like I think it does.

Also if you try to sell stuff to the magic shop to recharge it seems it only accepts certain staves and no wands, our at least not any of the ones I had. This may be working as designed but it also gives the message about viewing equipment or quiver which is probably not right and if you hit / for equipment it shows a blank screen.
Old June 5, 2015, 22:56   #396
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Boy View Post
I think I found a bug in the blows calculation. I had 3.8 blows and I watched my combat carefully for quite a while and never saw four blows even though it seems like I should have gotten four blows 80% of the time. Unless partial blows does not work like I think it does.
It doesn't work the way you think it does. It costs you 1/3.8 turns worth of time to make a single melee attack, and when you attack you attack as many times as possible without using more than a full turn's worth of time. You will never see 4 blows in a single attack because that would use more time than is allowed; however, each time you attack (and get 3 blows) you use somewhat less than a full turn's worth of time. It's like having a speed advantage over your opponent.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2015, 02:03   #397
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
It doesn't work the way you think it does. It costs you 1/3.8 turns worth of time to make a single melee attack, and when you attack you attack as many times as possible without using more than a full turn's worth of time. You will never see 4 blows in a single attack because that would use more time than is allowed; however, each time you attack (and get 3 blows) you use somewhat less than a full turn's worth of time. It's like having a speed advantage over your opponent.
Ok, thanks for clarifying.
Old June 6, 2015, 02:17   #398
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
... You will never see 4 blows in a single attack because that would use more time than is allowed; however, each time you attack (and get 3 blows) you use somewhat less than a full turn's worth of time. It's like having a speed advantage over your opponent.
And, if I understand it correctly, eventually double-move the opponent.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2015, 02:37   #399
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
And, if I understand it correctly, eventually double-move the opponent.
Assuming they aren't faster than you, yes. It works on a similar principle as extra shots do.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2015, 03:11   #400
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Angband 4.0 dev f59f9e5

Another display issue. @ found The One Ring and has just successfully killed Morgoth. Experience is at full, but the Character Level is shown in Yellow rather than Green. Attachment 1270
I think this is not a bug. The One permanently drains your experience, so that doesn't show in yellow, but your level does show as yellow because it has been higher. The fact that this seems incongruous to you is good, because the One is pretty special.