AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old June 9, 2015, 10:36   #441
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
Too lazy to read backlog to see if this has been reported already, but you might want to look at this winning comp dump wearing the Massive Crown -- the stat display is kinda hilarious http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=17796. (It's entirely possible it looked like this before 4.0, also too lazy to find ladder dumps to corroberate.)

(congrats MattB)
What do you mean? My stats were like that from the start of the game. I just thought it was a 4.0 thing?

Seriously though, thanks debo and Ingwe for the congrats.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2015, 11:45   #442
AnonymousHero
Veteran

AnonymousHero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkaria View Post
Could you elucidate on what you mean by this, perhaps?
Hopefully. The idea would be to cache intermediate calculations in the p_ptr struct and to build a sort of hierarchy of recalculations triggered by patterns along the lines of "x_shadow != x, therefore recalc x and anything depending on x, afterwards set x_shadow = new x". Does that explanation make sense?
AnonymousHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2015, 12:03   #443
Thraalbee
Knight

Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
Crash bug. New character in village. Rogue key set.
~
"g"-"m" displays are offset by one and "n" crashes the game.
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2015, 12:26   #444
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraalbeast View Post
Crash bug. New character in village. Rogue key set.
~
"g"-"m" displays are offset by one and "n" crashes the game.
I think you don't have the latest update - this bug was in ee39bf8 (315) but is fixed in 4c26520 (323) (according to my testing, at least).
Old June 9, 2015, 15:31   #445
Zireael
Adept

Zireael is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Boy View Post
Now that we've successfully hijacked this thread to talk about DSMs I was thinking the other day that they should aggravate dragons of the appropriate flavor as they see you wearing the skin of one of their kind.
Neat idea indeed.
Zireael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2015, 17:41   #446
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
Super trivial, but when you wield a stack of ego ammo to the quiver, the ID message you get is singular instead of plural, i.e. "Your Arrow of Venom seethes!" when it should be, "Your Arrows of Venom seethe!"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2015, 19:43   #447
Nomad
Knight

Something slightly hinky about ID of Resist Element jewellery - you're learning the name if you're hit by any element, regardless of whether it's actually the one it resists.

For instance, if you're wearing an unidentified acid-resistance amulet and are hit by a breath from, say, a Cold hound, the name of the amulet will change to an Amulet of Resist Acid even though it wasn't acid that hit you. (This doesn't just apply with base four attacks: I tested it with a shard attack from an Earth hound and that also caused the jewellery to ID.)

This bug also affects Ring of Frost/Flames/Lightning/Acid, but I don't know whether it affects ego armour. ETA: nope, armour seems to be fine, it's just the jewellery that's affected.

Last edited by Nomad; June 9, 2015 at 20:18.
Old June 10, 2015, 02:40   #448
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
I noticed that any item with a light radius besides an actual light includes the phrase "cannot be refueled which send kind of funny applied to my sword.
Old June 10, 2015, 04:42   #449
Nomad
Knight

Okay, here's a niche one! In a selling game, I accidentally bought an item of a type I'd already set to squelch. It came with the {ignore} tag but wasn't immediately dropped, so I thought I might as well sell it back to the shop and get some money back. The shop accepted it quite happily, but then when I tried to leave I got an "Assertion failed" crash. (I assume because the game was trying to drop the squelched item that I didn't have any more?) This is reproducible, and the crash doesn't just happen if you leave the shop, but also if your next move is to buy/sell something else instead.

So basically I guess the actual bug here is that there's a one turn delay before squelched items are dropped when you're in a shop, rather than the fact I managed to cause a crash by ditching the item in between the squelch and the drop.
Old June 10, 2015, 07:38   #450
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
Here's a bug related to the artifact knowledge menu. It seems artifacts are being added when they are generated rather then when they are found, as there are several artifacts in the knowledge menu for my current game that I have not found.

Also in the Unique monster knowledge menu it says I know 36 uniques and have killed 20 but if you look in the player history I've actually killed just over 50 but most of them do not show up in the menu.