AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old August 16, 2015, 01:15   #1
hein
Rookie

hein is on a distinguished road
Advice needed for a lvl50 warrior

How do I proceed from here?

I have almost no healing potions, and I am chased around by Sauron, Ancalong, Gothmog etc. No chance I can take on any of them.

http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=18062
hein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2015, 02:25   #2
krazyhades
Swordsman

krazyhades is on a distinguished road
You need to grind out consumables for the final fight (healing, *healing*, *life*, *destruction*, Mass Banishment, Banishment) and ideally a higher-damage melee weapon, though if you needed to you could manage with your current damage assuming you find enough potions. Since you have already +30 permanent speed, and you only REALLY need +20 (to match Morgoth's +30 after hasting yourself), you can afford to lose Anglarang's +5 if an appropriate weapon comes up.

Going without pConf and rShard is pretty dangerous right now while exploring for more consumables, though shards is not a necessary resist for the final fight, and lacking rShards is less risky when you have 1k hp.

Ideally one would use !Enlightenment or !*Enlightenment* to quickly hunt down the desired potions/scrolls, but it looks like you're out of those.

So yeah, basically grind out consumables on dlvl 98 or 99, tele-other on anything you can't fight, and also look for drops that let you reshuffle to cover shards/conf, and for an even more powerful weapon.
krazyhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2015, 19:21   #3
Bogatyr
Swordsman

Bogatyr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hein View Post
How do I proceed from here?

I have almost no healing potions, and I am chased around by Sauron, Ancalong, Gothmog etc. No chance I can take on any of them.

http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=18062
You have some home swaps with +3 con which will max your HP con and probably make any resist holes that creates moot. The Trident of Wrath is a great weapon that does a ton more damage against a fairly wide array of monsters than Aglarang. If you have any undead uniques left it would be a great swap for those fights.
Bogatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2015, 01:07   #4
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogatyr View Post
You have some home swaps with +3 con which will max your HP con and probably make any resist holes that creates moot. The Trident of Wrath is a great weapon that does a ton more damage against a fairly wide array of monsters than Aglarang. If you have any undead uniques left it would be a great swap for those fights.
I'd probably drop Aglarang all together. The Trident of Wrath is a definite end-game quality weapon, while Aglarang is, to my mind, a mid-game weapon. That is, once you have the Str and Dex to get max blows with the trident.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2015, 12:04   #5
Grotug
Veteran

Grotug is on a distinguished road
Why do you have so many unidentified artifacts? I don't know how you get by without rConf at that DL.
Grotug is offline   Reply With Quote