Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 5, 2017, 15:10   #451
Sky
Knight
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Glasgae
Age: 45
Posts: 764
Sky is on a distinguished road
Same. I do hate that it disturbs, but i find it useful to see on map exactly how far i have detected, specifically with Treasure Detection.
__________________
#ARKENSTONESMATTER
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2017, 09:34   #452
PowerWyrm
Veteran
 
PowerWyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,051
PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
You still have the indicator. The border was visually polluting the screen (and was kinda bugged), so I can understand why it is gone.
__________________
PWMAngband variant maintainer - check http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 to learn more about this new variant!
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2017, 12:06   #453
kaypy
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 260
kaypy is on a distinguished road
Given the current player knowledge vs actual cave implementation of V, I thought it would be much simpler to fill the knowledge map with "undetected" and overwrite it as needed, rather than trying to draw a 'line', per-se...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-11-06_18-39-54.png
Views:	8
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	1590
kaypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2017, 21:06   #454
luneya
Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 143
luneya is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
You still have the indicator. The border was visually polluting the screen (and was kinda bugged), so I can understand why it is gone.
What indication of having been covered by detection do we currently have? All I can think of is that the range of treasure detection can be approximated by looking for where the buried-gold-*s don't appear, but this doesn't really distinguish undetected tiles from those which simply don't contain gold.
luneya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2017, 15:07   #455
PowerWyrm
Veteran
 
PowerWyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,051
PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Not really a bug, but an issue with debug commands. If you try to generate an ego for debug purposes, you are asked to enter the ego... index. Which doesn't exist anymore... Using the name instead would be more than helpful.
__________________
PWMAngband variant maintainer - check http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 to learn more about this new variant!
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2017, 15:54   #456
PowerWyrm
Veteran
 
PowerWyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,051
PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
I tried to reproduce a problem with remove curse, so instead of scumming for a cursed item, I simply used the debug commands to generate a few scrolls of curse weapon and read them on an equipped mace. After two tries, I used the Perception spell twice to identify the curses and read a third scroll.

Code:
a) a Mace (2d4) (-1,-3) {cursed, ??}
     An inheritance from your family
     
     You do not know the full extent of this item's powers.
     It occasionally makes a loud noise.
     It poisons you from time to time.
     
     Combat info:
     2.8 blows/round.
     With +1 STR and +0 DEX you would get 3.1 blows
     With +0 STR and +1 DEX you would get 3.3 blows
     Average damage/round: 20.5.
At this point, using the Perception spell again on the mace does nothing. What could the {??} be?
__________________
PWMAngband variant maintainer - check http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 to learn more about this new variant!
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2017, 21:05   #457
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 52
Posts: 6,645
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
I tried to reproduce a problem with remove curse, so instead of scumming for a cursed item, I simply used the debug commands to generate a few scrolls of curse weapon and read them on an equipped mace. After two tries, I used the Perception spell twice to identify the curses and read a third scroll.

Code:
a) a Mace (2d4) (-1,-3) {cursed, ??}
     An inheritance from your family
     
     You do not know the full extent of this item's powers.
     It occasionally makes a loud noise.
     It poisons you from time to time.
     
     Combat info:
     2.8 blows/round.
     With +1 STR and +0 DEX you would get 3.1 blows
     With +0 STR and +1 DEX you would get 3.3 blows
     Average damage/round: 20.5.
At this point, using the Perception spell again on the mace does nothing. What could the {??} be?
That looks odd - do you have the savefile?
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2017, 09:46   #458
PowerWyrm
Veteran
 
PowerWyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,051
PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Here's the savefile after removing the two visible curses. The character screen displays some "?" for the mace, even for stuff like ESP, which should be obviously known after removing and reequipping the mace. That's probably only some knowledge info removed by the curse weapon effect, which doesn't exist anymore unless you use the debug commands to generate some scrolls.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test.zip (6.2 KB, 4 views)
__________________
PWMAngband variant maintainer - check http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 to learn more about this new variant!
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2017, 11:54   #459
PowerWyrm
Veteran
 
PowerWyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,051
PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
I generated a ring of feather falling with the debug commands for the same character and equipped it. Casting Perception on the ring revealed the rune of feather falling. At the same time, the {??} on the mace magically disappeared... Very strange. I tried to see if the problem was only occuring when no runes were learned, but it's not the case. I bought a weapon from a store, used a scroll of curse weapon twice on it, revealed the curses with Perception then read a third scroll. It seems that the third time, no curse is added, but the item becomes not fully known. Discovering another rune (equipped a ring of slow digestion this time) removes the problem on the weapon.
__________________
PWMAngband variant maintainer - check http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 to learn more about this new variant!
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2017, 21:17   #460
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 52
Posts: 6,645
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Here's the savefile after removing the two visible curses. The character screen displays some "?" for the mace, even for stuff like ESP, which should be obviously known after removing and reequipping the mace. That's probably only some knowledge info removed by the curse weapon effect, which doesn't exist anymore unless you use the debug commands to generate some scrolls.
Basically, yes. Curse weapon also subtracts from to-hit and to-dam, but doesn't re-align the object and its known version - you'll find if you drop the mace and pick it up again, it changes to (-3, -3) and loses the {??}.

Technically a bug, but only if curse armor and curse weapon scrolls come back into the game.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some Sil issues fph Sil 12 January 4, 2013 01:41
Gear Issues Monkay AAR 1 February 25, 2012 18:32
Compilation issues. Tiburon Silverflame Development 8 March 1, 2010 21:34
DaJAngband Issues Prismatic Variants 12 February 15, 2010 16:08
Compiling Issues Gregian Vanilla 13 July 2, 2008 15:35


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.