Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old August 1, 2017, 08:21   #1
Montana71
Rookie

Montana71 is on a distinguished road
Im loving poschengband

I used to play ang and zang.... zang too easy ang was too vanilla but loving this poscheng variant death sword mimic and ring!

Glad I looked back into this game this right when they released 6.1.0 I'm doing deathsword atm ......(doing ring on the side dying time and time again on ring ) but getting better at it but being a ring aint easy glad devs still workin on this var!

Keep making monster classes that are completly dif to play .

(make death sword able to reforge now that you nerfed the reforge to hell so I got something to do when I find a cool arti that's not a wep lol)

Don't change if its too op. but like reforging a mega arti into something even remotely helpful would just make finding the big artifact less pointless is all I'm saying ...

The not reforge ever just makes it depressing ...if you find a real rare non weapon arti its pretty much ... yeah I found the jesus item but its not a weapon so I can do absolutely nada with it .. go me on my rare drop kinda deal.

Last edited by Montana71; August 1, 2017 at 09:05.
Montana71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2, 2017, 01:24   #2
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana71 View Post
I used to play ang and zang.... zang too easy ang was too vanilla but loving this poscheng variant death sword mimic and ring!

Glad I looked back into this game this right when they released 6.1.0 I'm doing deathsword atm ......(doing ring on the side dying time and time again on ring ) but getting better at it but being a ring aint easy glad devs still workin on this var!

(make death sword able to reforge now that you nerfed the reforge to hell so I got something to do when I find a cool arti that's not a wep lol)

Don't change if its too op. but like reforging a mega arti into something even remotely helpful would just make finding the big artifact less pointless is all I'm saying ...

The not reforge ever just makes it depressing ...if you find a real rare non weapon arti its pretty much ... yeah I found the jesus item but its not a weapon so I can do absolutely nada with it .. go me on my rare drop kinda deal.

You should play Possessors / Mimics. This way, you can 'be the monster' and attack / behave like it. Look up my chardumps and you'll know how I did this. And yes, PosChengband can be punishingly-brutally-hard-in-an-ironically-fun-way-aka-GOTCHA-courtesy-of-Chris, especially in the late game.

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

My most recent good try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 2017, 18:21   #3
Montana71
Rookie

I will I'm doing sword first then I'm definally going to try mimic.I still love the sword so far not much inventory to juggle and In most games I'm always most worried about how good my weapon is. Now I am the weapon and gobble up lesser ones for more powa.Death swords can eat shovels and picks too so have good tunnel also.

The reforge probably would be to OPed after more thought you could just keep reforging even little stuff and end up with all your essences insanely high.
Old August 8, 2017, 09:39   #4
Montana71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
You should play Possessors / Mimics. This way, you can 'be the monster' and attack / behave like it. Look up my chardumps and you'll know how I did this. And yes, PosChengband can be punishingly-brutally-hard-in-an-ironically-fun-way-aka-GOTCHA-courtesy-of-Chris, especially in the late game.
You were right I started messing around on possessor I am now hobbes the tiger .... my life is complete
Old August 16, 2017, 06:32   #5
jupiter999
Rookie

jupiter999 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:

I played Angband, Zangband, Hengband, PernAngband, and Tales of Middle Earth. Those were aeons ago
Recently I back to Angband, and found this.
Love it immediately
jupiter999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2017, 06:34   #6
jupiter999
Rookie

jupiter999 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And so I follow your suggestion, to start a game using Possessor. Really challenging
jupiter999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2017, 08:24   #7
Montana71
Rookie

I actually made a mimic for the sole purpose of getting around the (no fun dev nerf -{you know who you are}) on death swords not being able to reforge.... my master play was to mimic a death sword of some type go back to mimic then reforge but chris the unfunfester of ultimate unfun foresaw my play the deathsword doesn't show on something you can mimic I tried on a broken low lev ill try again on higher one but methinks its nada gonna happen lol
Old August 16, 2017, 08:31   #8
Montana71
Rookie

So all you guys hating on posseser mimics there is some things you cant mimic deathsword being only thing actually iv seen so far that doesn't show as a mimic target though.My new dream now is to mimic fangorn (who iv never killed I die a lot hes high level I used town service to look for the biggest ent) and wear 7 armors and have 400 ac got him on wanted list just gotta get lucky and have it take on the 1 outa 100 mimic chance if I make it that far.
Old August 17, 2017, 00:49   #9
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So all you guys hating on posseser mimics there is some things you cant mimic deathsword being only thing actually iv seen so far that doesn't show as a mimic target though.My new dream now is to mimic fangorn (who iv never killed I die a lot hes high level I used town service to look for the biggest ent) and wear 7 armors and have 400 ac got him on wanted list just gotta get lucky and have it take on the 1 outa 100 mimic chance if I make it that far.
The much easier and more feasible way to "become" Fangorn is to play as a Possessor and start-scum until you get Fangorn as a Wanted Monster! The chance of getting Fangorn a permanently available (well, for a limited time technically) as a Mimic is much less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter999 View Post
And so I follow your suggestion, to start a game using Possessor. Really challenging
You can look at my "catalog" of Possessors on the PosChengband ladder. I've played Posssessors the most here extensively until I finally the beat the game (and the Plain Gold Ring)!

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

My most recent good try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2017, 03:17   #10
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
(and the Plain Gold Ring)!
It's a good thing you accomplished that while you had the chance.