Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2017, 07:15   #11
Pete Mack
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,317
Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Ah hell. I thought that bug was fixed 2 realeases back. Dammit. Nick! FIX IT ALREADY.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2017, 12:01   #12
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 52
Posts: 6,655
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
Ah hell. I thought that bug was fixed 2 realeases back. Dammit. Nick! FIX IT ALREADY.
You mean like this?
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2017, 14:12   #13
Sideways
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 74
Sideways is on a distinguished road
AC = armor class, not life rating. That's where you went wrong. A giant salamander has an armor class of 60.

And that calculation is in fact (27+16)*3=129, because while Pete Mack is right about bonus to_hit counting more than innate, that 27 has already been divided by 3 to account for that. The real innate to-hit here is 81 or 82 or 83. (There's a similar slight uncertainty in the overall result, which could be 130 or 131; but that only has a minimal effect on the result.)

(60/1.5)/1.29*0.83+5 = 30.74% miss chance, and 69.26% hit chance.
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2017, 15:41   #14
Pete Mack
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,317
Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Sorry about that, folks. In that case, I don't like the way displayed armor level works, that the whole thing is divided by 3. That's seriously confusing, and has led me to do less melee and archery as a mage than I otherwise would.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2017, 16:17   #15
CivBesch
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 93
CivBesch is on a distinguished road
Yesss !!

It's perfectly correct now.

thanks for all the advice and corrections
CivBesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best standart melee weapons Gram Vanilla 27 January 18, 2016 09:34
melee hit probability Tibarius Vanilla 89 February 25, 2015 15:06
YAWP 4.0: melee priest Siemelink Vanilla 8 March 9, 2014 17:19
A take on melee combat (long) Estie Development 21 January 6, 2011 18:39
Best melee? Swede2378 Vanilla 22 June 16, 2010 21:03


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.