Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old February 29, 2016, 07:04   #171
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Not sure I understand the question

I just hit 'U'se Ability & noticed I had stop mimicry rather then mimic. If I see it again I'll save, copy my save then see what happens if I stop mimicing. Maybe I resume true form, maybe I permanently polymorph in to a doppelganger & possibly the game just crashes or does something wierd.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29, 2016, 19:23   #172
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
New? bug:
In 4.0.1, I was playing a Ring that got tossed by a suddenly-hostile lvl 19 Lizard king. But there was one problem, I couldn't re-charm it. It was still labeled as a pet. Oddly enough, I was able to get rid of it by dismissing it!

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

My most recent good try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2016, 02:34   #173
Destro
Rookie

Destro is on a distinguished road
I'm finally pretty good at the game, have all monsters recalled, and am preparing for some of the harder level 80+ bosses.

edit: I found the answers to my two questions by reading the source code. I made a video of myself 'clearing' a lvl 88 floor (close enough). It includes some of my thoughts and reactions in notepad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZKT...ature=youtu.be

3/13/2016 edit: I managed to beat the game... somehow! Amazing! http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=18868. I put my whole character strategy there and the video of me winning (now in shining 1080p 1920x1200 resolution!). I'm sure all of the veterans know this stuff but I wanted to put it for any curious new players or players who never played since there are not many videos/strategy guides for efficiently getting through the game.

I'm going to try to beat the game with ironman settings and nightmare mode now and see what I can do. I have some ideas for a legitimately overpowered character that is simply invulnerable. The gear requirements will be high but I think it can faceroll everything and would be perfect for the hardest difficulty settings.

I want to say THANKS CHRIS for the fun! It's been a blast playing this game and the hundreds of hours that I have blown through have been great!

Last edited by Destro; March 14, 2016 at 04:34.
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2016, 04:40   #174
yyt16384
Scout

yyt16384 is on a distinguished road
Is it a bug that I can use a scroll of crafting or artifact creation on my death sword character? Now imagine getting +2 attacks from (Daemon). It feels overpowered.
yyt16384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2016, 11:44   #175
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyt16384 View Post
Is it a bug that I can use a scroll of crafting or artifact creation on my death sword character? Now imagine getting +2 attacks from (Daemon). It feels overpowered.
Wow cool! That is pretty weird. I wonder what happens if you read ?Mundanity on yourself?
Old March 17, 2016, 17:04   #176
Destro
Rookie

Destro is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a bug to me. Those scrolls can only be used on non-ego & non-artifact items right? So maybe it wasn't considered that somebody would get those scrolls without getting at least one mod on their death sword. I only played death sword a bit so those are my thoughts from my limited experience.

In other news, I think there is a typo with the display for nightmare mode in the character screen. It says "O" when I'm like 99% sure it should be "On".
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2016, 05:43   #177
yyt16384
Scout

yyt16384 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
Wow cool! That is pretty weird. I wonder what happens if you read ?Mundanity on yourself?
Extra bonuses from ego or artifact are gone, but the essence-based ones are still there. Basically they are innate properties.
yyt16384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2016, 01:10   #178
Nivim
Apprentice

Nivim is on a distinguished road
I'm tempted to fix it in my game so ?mundanity just kills you for Death Swords and Rings, with a prompt, death message, and everything.
Nivim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2016, 03:03   #179
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivim View Post
I'm tempted to fix it in my game so ?mundanity just kills you for Death Swords and Rings, with a prompt, death message, and everything.
Well, that's interesting. So, does ?Mundanity kill the player Death Swords and Rings, etc. in the original PosChengband? or this will be a feature to be added into a custom version?

My YouTube channel, where I'm known as YggdrasilTid (includes my PosChengband gameplay+music):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqG...vf4c0P8ipsIeQQ

My most recent good try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2016, 05:52   #180
Nivim
Apprentice

Nivim is on a distinguished road
Oh, just another one of my own weird changes; I have a bunch that don't actually effect the game significantly but itched in the back of my mind until I made them. Like with the reforging message I replaced "several hours" with "strange, timeless hours", since the in-game time doesn't increment at all when you reforge. Or like how I added the Glow property to Pattern tiles.

This is in contrast to the changes I made that matter, like making the Ring spell Clarity actually work, or adding a bunch of different Ring spells because I couldn't see why not.

Both of those are also different from the changes I copied from elli- and mpa- Poschengband, which is mostly Loremaster streamlining and making standart->randart conversation preserve activations.
Nivim is offline   Reply With Quote