Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2010, 02:43   #1
Pete Mack
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,832
Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Color prefs

I created a "cheat monster knowledge" character, and created a pref file for monsters, using most of the old colors for monsters, with some modifications taking advantage of the 11 new colors.
Also attached is a feature pref file, although it only has two changes: gold (not yellow) for permanent rock, and cyan for summoning traps. (The former is easy on the eyes; the latter helps with visibility.)
Attached Files
File Type: txt monster.prf.txt (11.6 KB, 239 views)
File Type: txt feature.prf.txt (2.0 KB, 174 views)
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2010, 05:22   #2
andrewdoull
Unangband maintainer
 
andrewdoull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 872
andrewdoull is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
I created a "cheat monster knowledge" character, and created a pref file for monsters, using most of the old colors for monsters, with some modifications taking advantage of the 11 new colors.
Also attached is a feature pref file, although it only has two changes: gold (not yellow) for permanent rock, and cyan for summoning traps. (The former is easy on the eyes; the latter helps with visibility.)
Just from an aesthetic point of view, I prefer the 'z' colour for permanent rock in the expanded terrain set.

Other than that, it is possible to spend ridiculous amounts of time tweaking monster colours around...

Andrew
__________________
The Roflwtfzomgbbq Quylthulg summons L33t Paladins -more-
In UnAngband, the level dives you.
ASCII Dreams: http://roguelikedeveloper.blogspot.com
Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com
andrewdoull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2010, 05:38   #3
Pete Mack
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,832
Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoull View Post
Other than that, it is possible to spend ridiculous amounts of time tweaking monster colours around...
Right--that's why I made a pref file after wasting 20 minutes. Any improvements are welcome.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2010, 19:27   #4
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,054
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
Right--that's why I made a pref file after wasting 20 minutes. Any improvements are welcome.
Why make a pref file instead of editing a local copy of monster.txt?
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2010, 19:33   #5
Pete Mack
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,832
Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Why make a pref file instead of editing a local copy of monster.txt?
I only have to do it once, and it's a lot easier using the knowledge menus to do the editing.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
256 color support in r1862; uniques discussion to follow d_m Vanilla 3 December 22, 2009 10:28
Changing farmer Maggot's dogs color fph Vanilla 12 November 23, 2009 19:46
Where are windows and graphic prefs stored? Mondkalb Vanilla 0 May 30, 2009 08:23
[Fea-Req] Less <color> monsters Kiyoshi Aman Vanilla 21 February 5, 2008 13:51
Stupid Idea - Color Pits Djabanete Variants 7 October 29, 2007 20:55


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.