Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 14, 2007, 07:40   #1
Arralen
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 281
Donated: 3 euro
Arralen is on a distinguished road
[FA,Un] I want me walls back !!

.. no, it's not that all walls have vanished, but I recently tried latest UN and switched FA 0.3.0 in for 0.2.3 - and walls got switched, too:
In FA, I get "#" for walls instead of "█" now, but in UN I get the later for normal walls, while the special walls still use "#", "%" etc. .

Highly annoying ... I really liked the FA wilderness maps with real blocks of rock while in UN the graphics simply don't fit ...
Is there any way to switch this (back) ?!
Arralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2007, 09:03   #2
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 8,338
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arralen View Post
.. no, it's not that all walls have vanished, but I recently tried latest UN and switched FA 0.3.0 in for 0.2.3 - and walls got switched, too:
In FA, I get "#" for walls instead of "█" now, but in UN I get the later for normal walls, while the special walls still use "#", "%" etc. .
In FA, you need to rename font-win.prfx to font-win.prf in lib/pref. I changed this so that vista users didn't get blank walls by default - but I probably should have publicised it more for other windows users. In Un (and in FA too, actually) if you hit '~' for knowledge and then go into feature knowledge and hit 'v' for visuals you can set the features to the appropriate thing.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2007, 09:40   #3
andrewdoull
Unangband maintainer
 
andrewdoull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Age: 45
Posts: 872
andrewdoull is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
In FA, you need to rename font-win.prfx to font-win.prf in lib/pref. I changed this so that vista users didn't get blank walls by default - but I probably should have publicised it more for other windows users. In Un (and in FA too, actually) if you hit '~' for knowledge and then go into feature knowledge and hit 'v' for visuals you can set the features to the appropriate thing.
I'll be restoring 'normal' walls as a part of adopting the extended fonts that Leon et al. designed.

Andrew
__________________
The Roflwtfzomgbbq Quylthulg summons L33t Paladins -more-
In UnAngband, the level dives you.
ASCII Dreams: http://roguelikedeveloper.blogspot.com
Unangband: http://unangband.blogspot.com
andrewdoull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2007, 03:34   #4
nobody
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 80
nobody is on a distinguished road
i have to agree that #s make ugly walls to me, can't stand it
nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2007, 07:36   #5
Arralen
Swordsman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 281
Donated: 3 euro
Arralen is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the quick replay, both of you

[UN]
Yet - is there a way to save that setting in UN ? I tried setting granite wall to "#", but saving preference does not seem to save this and I have to do it again every time I start the game .. and there are at least 3 different tiles I have to re-set, so it gets a little bit tedious


[FA]
Had a quick try, works like a charm. Thanks !
Arralen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2007, 08:19   #6
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 8,338
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arralen View Post
[UN]
Yet - is there a way to save that setting in UN ? I tried setting granite wall to "#", but saving preference does not seem to save this and I have to do it again every time I start the game .. and there are at least 3 different tiles I have to re-set, so it gets a little bit tedious
You could try saving it to a pref file and then reloading that; if that's what you have already tried, you could actually go in and edit the font-win.prf file directly:

Code:
# Magma (slate / solid block)

F:50:2/127:1:A
...here the 50 is the index of the terrain (you can get this from terrain.txt in lib/edit), 2 is the colour (you can check what you want from feature knowledge) and 127 is the block character.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with blank walls in Vista Finster Vanilla 77 October 9, 2012 17:15
Oldschool walls Whelk Vanilla 21 June 19, 2011 22:09
[Z] Change race back Snarka Variants 4 July 22, 2007 17:57


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.