AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old November 28, 2017, 09:27   #11
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprice View Post
I see base 20 in that gear. Oooooh huge overburden slowing him down by 5. Maybe cache some of the healing potions at home? And are you really using those huge stacks of attack rods? You might also be able to handle traps on your own skills and drop the stack of disarm trap rods or at least thin it to save weight.
Get rid of those rods, your disarming skill is at 100%. And store your heals/*heals* you will never have to use them at your depth. Just keep a few in case you want to fight some uniques. Your DEX is maxed, which also means there's no reason to carry more than one copy of the deep books. Inscribe that copy !d and squelch them.
Old November 28, 2017, 17:10   #12
kandrc
Swordsman

kandrc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Your DEX is maxed, which also means there's no reason to carry more than one copy of the deep books. Inscribe that copy !d and squelch them.
Same for the shop books, since you have fire immunity.

Frankly, I'd lose all the rods, including healing (recharge is too slow, and a palidin with a stack of restore mana doesn't need them, especially with your damage output). Squelch tie attack rods. And I'd reduce all of my potion and scroll stacks in inventory down to at most about 10. Storing endgame consumables is what the home is for; it's not a museum for weapons and armor that you'll never use.
kandrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2017, 17:23   #13
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
You don't need Slay Undead against Morgoth.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2017, 21:12   #14
calvinasleep
Rookie

calvinasleep is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Get rid of those rods, your disarming skill is at 100%. And store your heals/*heals* you will never have to use them at your depth. Just keep a few in case you want to fight some uniques. Your DEX is maxed, which also means there's no reason to carry more than one copy of the deep books. Inscribe that copy !d and squelch them.
omg i coulnd't figure out how to squelch books but keep the one i had! best tip ever
calvinasleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2017, 21:14   #15
calvinasleep
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandrc View Post
Same for the shop books, since you have fire immunity.

Frankly, I'd lose all the rods, including healing (recharge is too slow, and a palidin with a stack of restore mana doesn't need them, especially with your damage output). Squelch tie attack rods. And I'd reduce all of my potion and scroll stacks in inventory down to at most about 10. Storing endgame consumables is what the home is for; it's not a museum for weapons and armor that you'll never use.
yea i'm just sort of a packrat. my home is literally a museum that's why i was trying to figure out what to trash from home! i guess i won't ever replace the weapon probably...

the potions of mana and *healing* i've found useful for the really hard hitting bosses i've run into. i had used rods a lot but i guess it really isn't that useful.
Old November 28, 2017, 21:16   #16
calvinasleep
Rookie

Quote:
can you explain the maxed DEX and not needing extra books part? (i know for immunity there's no need)

for disarming, yea i just noticed it's finally 100. I had them around for a long time so i wouldn't fall through trap doors :P
Old November 28, 2017, 21:44   #17
Sky
Knight

Sky is on a distinguished road
the only way you can lose the dungeon books (book 5~9) is if a thief steals them from you. their chance of stealing is based on your DEX, and if you have max DEX, their chance is 0%.
Old November 28, 2017, 21:44   #18
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
I prefer to inscribe with !g and not squelch, rather than !d
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote