Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 7, 2017, 12:15   #91
Mondkalb
Knight
 
Mondkalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 813
Mondkalb is on a distinguished road
Someone told me, that with the experimental "persistent levels" birth option buying in stores is only possible if there are more than one of the desired items available. If there is only one item (e. g. one scimitar) you have no option to buy it.

Last edited by Mondkalb; December 7, 2017 at 15:09.
Mondkalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2017, 14:06   #92
Sky
Knight
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Glasgae
Age: 45
Posts: 833
Sky is on a distinguished road
didn't we have a build or two ago a "multiplier" stat in the character stats page? i'm pretty sure i saw this. just under the Speed value, there would be a i.e. 1.7x which represented how much faster you were due to your speed bonus.
__________________
"i can take this dracolich"
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2017, 15:08   #93
PowerWyrm
Veteran
 
PowerWyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,143
PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
didn't we have a build or two ago a "multiplier" stat in the character stats page? i'm pretty sure i saw this. just under the Speed value, there would be a i.e. 1.7x which represented how much faster you were due to your speed bonus.
It's still there. You have to activate it via the "Show speed as a multiplier" user option.
__________________
PWMAngband variant maintainer - check http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 to learn more about this new variant!
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2017, 15:24   #94
PowerWyrm
Veteran
 
PowerWyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,143
PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Just a little glitch: there's no room on the character sheet between "EB" and "Best" when displaying stat values while wearing Morgoth's crown. Since it boosts stats by 125, the values are displayed as "+12518/***".

Question: do we really need +125 to all stats on the crown? I bet +50 would be more than enough...
__________________
PWMAngband variant maintainer - check http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 to learn more about this new variant!
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2017, 15:31   #95
Sky
Knight
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Glasgae
Age: 45
Posts: 833
Sky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
It's still there. You have to activate it via the "Show speed as a multiplier" user option.
is this in the = options? i cannot seem to find it.
__________________
"i can take this dracolich"
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2017, 17:28   #96
mrfy
Scout
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 40
mrfy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
is this in the = options? i cannot seem to find it.
The last option in User interface options - item 'w' in the list, Show effective speed as multiplier.
mrfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2017, 17:33   #97
Derakon
Prophet
 
Derakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8,050
Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Just a little glitch: there's no room on the character sheet between "EB" and "Best" when displaying stat values while wearing Morgoth's crown. Since it boosts stats by 125, the values are displayed as "+12518/***".

Question: do we really need +125 to all stats on the crown? I bet +50 would be more than enough...
99 would be more aesthetically satisfying.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7, 2017, 20:10   #98
Sky
Knight
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Glasgae
Age: 45
Posts: 833
Sky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfy View Post
The last option in User interface options - item 'w' in the list, Show effective speed as multiplier.
yep, missing in angband-4.1.0-41-gace666f5
__________________
"i can take this dracolich"
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2017, 22:21   #99
mrfy
Scout
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 40
mrfy is on a distinguished road
Stunned!

I have an artifact cloak which provides protection from stunning, but I just set off a trap and got the message "A rock falls on your head! You have been stunned." I would expect to take some damage from the rock hitting me, but I'm surprised that I was stunned. Is this a bug or to be expected?

Playing a recent nightly, 4.1.1-29-g5d6058c-dirty.
mrfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9, 2017, 22:45   #100
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 52
Posts: 6,702
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondkalb View Post
Someone told me, that with the experimental "persistent levels" birth option buying in stores is only possible if there are more than one of the desired items available. If there is only one item (e. g. one scimitar) you have no option to buy it.
Seems to work fine for me. Maybe the single items were just too expensive?
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bugs and issues in 4.1.0 Nomad Vanilla 497 November 16, 2017 09:36
Some Sil issues fph Sil 12 January 4, 2013 01:41
A couple of 3.4 issues bron Vanilla 10 October 3, 2012 15:43
Gear Issues Monkay AAR 1 February 25, 2012 18:32
Compilation issues. Tiburon Silverflame Development 8 March 1, 2010 21:34


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.