Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old March 3, 2018, 08:36   #501
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz View Post
Travel is much harder in 4.1 then 4.0.5. Am lacking in basic knowledge. I just press a space around a few corners and I am there. Why cant I do that in 4.1.
You might have to turn on the mouse movement option ('=' and then '1', I think).
Old March 3, 2018, 11:25   #502
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
What? Recall depth was only reset before if one said "Y"es at the recall prompt, if not it was set at max depth reached. When did recall change? Did I not notice because I'm always diving and trying to never go back to town, let alone climb up stairs and then recalling to town? Or, perhaps the poster said "Y"es at the recall prompt without realizing?
In the case referenced, the ?Recall was read at the character's current max depth (DL5), so recall was set to that. Then the character read ?DD, and went to DL10. Then the recall kicked in, sending the character back to town - but the recall didn't get reset to DL10 because ?Recall was never read at DL10.
Old March 5, 2018, 03:28   #503
bron
Swordsman

Location: Saratoga, California (in the midst of Silicon Valley)
bron is on a distinguished road
minor information leakage in 4.1.2

I notice two minor issues with 4.1.2 while playing the current competition. I have a savefile that demostrats both issues, but unfortunately the zip file is 266K, which exceeds the forum's limit for uploads. I'm happy to provide it, if someone would suggest the proper method of transfer.

Uthlob has cast "Clairvoyance" on the current level. As can be seen in the savefile, there are a number of red asterisks showing the location of objects. However, if you attempt to move the cursor to these objects by 'l'ooking at them, you find that you can do it with some, but not with others. It turns out, the asterisks that you cannot 'l'ook at are in fact objects that have been squelched. This seems like information that should not be being "leaked" to the player.

Secondly, in the savefile, Uthlob is standing on top of a Broad Sword with an unknown curse. Nearby in the same room is an unidentified Lead Filled Mace (as shown by hitting the ']' key). Uthlob casts "Perception" (i.e. p-f-c), and learns the curse. The Lead Filled Mace is now also identified (as shown by hitting the ']' key). This also works after drinking a Potion of Enlightenment: ID'ing one object, ID's all the revealed objects on the entire level.
bron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2018, 04:04   #504
mrfy
Apprentice

mrfy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bron View Post
I notice two minor issues with 4.1.2 while playing the current competition. I have a savefile that demostrats both issues, but unfortunately the zip file is 266K, which exceeds the forum's limit for uploads. I'm happy to provide it, if someone would suggest the proper method of transfer.
You could upload it to something like Dropbox and then post a link to the file.
mrfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2018, 05:12   #505
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
If you can email it to me, that would be great - gmail, username nckmccnnll.
Old March 5, 2018, 06:02   #506
bron
Swordsman

Location: Saratoga, California (in the midst of Silicon Valley)
bron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
If you can email it to me, that would be great - gmail, username nckmccnnll.
Done. Let me know how it goes.
bron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2018, 12:20   #507
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Uthlob has cast "Clairvoyance" on the current level. As can be seen in the savefile, there are a number of red asterisks showing the location of objects. However, if you attempt to move the cursor to these objects by 'l'ooking at them, you find that you can do it with some, but not with others. It turns out, the asterisks that you cannot 'l'ook at are in fact objects that have been squelched. This seems like information that should not be being "leaked" to the player.

Secondly, in the savefile, Uthlob is standing on top of a Broad Sword with an unknown curse. Nearby in the same room is an unidentified Lead Filled Mace (as shown by hitting the ']' key). Uthlob casts "Perception" (i.e. p-f-c), and learns the curse. The Lead Filled Mace is now also identified (as shown by hitting the ']' key). This also works after drinking a Potion of Enlightenment: ID'ing one object, ID's all the revealed objects on the entire level.
OK, thanks, both confirmed.