for (i = ELEM_HIGH_MIN; i <= ELEM_HIGH_MAX; i++) {
		/* Object has the resist */
		if (obj->el_info[i].res_level <= 0) return TRUE;

/* Element properties unknown */
		if (!(obj->el_info[i].flags & EL_INFO_KNOWN)) return TRUE;

/* Has a resist, or doubt remains */
		return TRUE;
	}
This returns TRUE on the first resist whatever the object. The code before was using "continue" for the first two tests.

Code:
	/* Look at all the high resists */
		/* Object doesn't have the resist */
		if (obj->el_info[i].res_level <= 0) continue;

/* Element properties known */
		if (obj->el_info[i].flags & EL_INFO_KNOWN) continue;

/* Has a resist, or doubt remains */
		return TRUE;
	}
Sounds like the first two checks were simply reversed. So unless I'm mistaken on the change, the correct code should be:

Code:
	/* Look at all the high resists */
		/* Object has the resist and element properties unknown */
		if ((obj->el_info[i].res_level > 0) && !(obj->el_info[i].flags & EL_INFO_KNOWN)) return TRUE;
	}

Last edited by PowerWyrm; April 29, 2015 at 11:38.
PowerWyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2015, 13:55   #492
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Sorry to report, the latest ID fix has broken the identification process. When @ uses a staff of identify in his pack to identify some new gauntlets, the identification instead asks @ if he wants to identify an already identified potion in his pack, the gauntlets aren't offered as a choice. This is in OSX.
I have a replicable instance of this identified potion bug (and I'm on Windows, so it's not OSX-specific). Use the Staff of Identify in the attached save file and you'll be offered the option of identifying the Flasks of Oil and Potions of Speed as well as unidentified potions and {magical} pebbles.

The other ammo and weapons the character is carrying - presumably average - are not possible to ID with the staff, and additionally pseudo-ID does not seem to ever kick in for them either. Even if you ID them by use, trying to squelch them with k gets the "All non-artefact weapons" option as if they're unidentified, and setting quality squelch to average has no effect on them. None of these issues were occurring in 007914e.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IDBug.zip (7.4 KB, 29 views)
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2015, 14:55   #493
Thraalbee
Knight

Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
Minor randart issues

All info taken from the artifact.spo file so I can't say if the game presents it likewise or not.
1) Dagger branded with fire + weak fire
1) Axe branded with poison + weak posion, lightning + weak lightning and more
2) Dagger with activation "When activated, it extends hallucination for 200 turns, extends fire resistance for 0 turns, extends cold resistance for 0 turns and heals 0 hitpoints." great fun but hardly correct
2) Like above, activation that clear mind restores some mana, cures ... extends confusion resistance for 0 turns.
2) Like above, activation for !life - cure all, restore all and ... heals 0 hitpoints
2) Like above, "When activated, it cures blindness and extends telepathy for 0 turns."
2) Like above, "When activated, it feeds you for 0 turns, cures poisoning and heals 0 hitpoints."
3) (already reported by others) Dragon scale mail activation - when several random types, text should say OR instead of
AND
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2015, 16:07   #494
Thraalbee
Knight

Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
Creating new character. Accept character history? "N", when editing the text press <end>
=> Assertion failed, File: z-textblock.c; Line: 115; Expression: new_length >= 0.
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2015, 16:09   #495
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraalbeast View Post
All info taken from the artifact.spo file so I can't say if the game presents it likewise or not.
1) Dagger branded with fire + weak fire
1) Axe branded with poison + weak posion, lightning + weak lightning and more
And the reason is here: http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showpos...&postcount=100.
Old April 29, 2015, 16:13   #496
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Terse mode doesn't show terse info.

Code:
bool terse = (mode & ODESC_TERSE);
Tested in debug mode, the "mode" flag contains "ODESC_TERSE", the boolean value is set to FALSE. This is because unary operators don't return a boolean value. So the correct code is:

Code:
bool terse = (mode & ODESC_TERSE)? TRUE: FALSE;
There are a LOT of such declarations in the code. It's probably a good time to fix them all...
Old April 29, 2015, 19:17   #497
Nomad
Knight

More ID issues in 203d3e8 - just picked up an Awl-pike and it spontaneously ID'd itself when pseudo kicked in:

Code:
You feel the Awl-pike of Extra Attacks (t) in your pack is excellent.
This was happening before in an earlier version and was subsequently fixed, but back then it was affecting all egos, whereas I've picked up other {excellent} items in this game without them doing the same - Extra Attacks is the first one that it's happened with.

ETA: I've also just noticed that the Metal Cap of Intelligence I'm wearing has no pseudo tag or indication it's not fully ID'd, yet the equipment screen just lists it as "a Metal Cap [3, +4] <+1>", no ego name, while the Inspect screen only lists "+1 Intelligence", no mention of other properties but also no "You do not know the full extent of this item's powers" line. Again, it's not possible to ID manually with the staff I'm carrying. Save file is attached:
Attached Files
File Type: zip IDBug2.zip (8.2 KB, 30 views)
Old April 29, 2015, 20:19   #498
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
More ID issues in 203d3e8 - just picked up an Awl-pike and it spontaneously ID'd itself when pseudo kicked in:

Code:
You feel the Awl-pike of Extra Attacks (t) in your pack is excellent.
This was happening before in an earlier version and was subsequently fixed, but back then it was affecting all egos, whereas I've picked up other {excellent} items in this game without them doing the same - Extra Attacks is the first one that it's happened with.

ETA: I've also just noticed that the Metal Cap of Intelligence I'm wearing has no pseudo tag or indication it's not fully ID'd, yet the equipment screen just lists it as "a Metal Cap [3, +4] <+1>", no ego name, while the Inspect screen only lists "+1 Intelligence", no mention of other properties but also no "You do not know the full extent of this item's powers" line. Again, it's not possible to ID manually with the staff I'm carrying. Save file is attached:
Oof, what a mess. Looks like I'll be struggling with ID more this weekend. Sorry for the crappy behavior.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2015, 17:04   #499
MadeOfBees
Scout

MadeOfBees is on a distinguished road
Even though its a bit rough around the edges, it puts a smile on my face to see this game is gettin updated still.

Once you get it, its hard to get off it, like cigarettes, or crack.
MadeOfBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2015, 20:26   #500
Nomad
Knight

Minor message issue I've just noticed with selling items to shops/dropping them into the home. If you sell one of a stack of consumables in your inventory, you get a message like:

Code:
You sold a Scroll of Detect Invisible (f) for 13 gold.
But if you sell a single item/the entire stack at once, you get:

Code:
You sold a Scroll of Detect Invisible () for 13 gold.
I assume the empty parentheses mean it's not checking for the inventory letter until after the item's already gone.