Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21, 2008, 18:04   #1
Andiiboi
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Andiiboi is on a distinguished road
shooting macro

Hello everyone,
I just lost a character from using a shooting macro.
*tf15\e\e\e\e
ammo inscribed with @f1=g

In short, I dropped my light in a lighted area, teleported out, and died before I could make it back. ESP and rods of teleport other kept me alive for a while, but I got careless (sitting to regain health with ESP and didn't realize some huge undetectable was beating on me).

I inscribed the light with !d.....oh....it just dawned on me....the command is 't'ake off, not 'd'rop....!@$@$#%^$%#^%^@%$@%#$)%$!% my first character to have a chance at winning...

I was about to ask if anyone had any ideas, but I guess I found the problem (and the solution).
Andiiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2008, 21:31   #2
Bandobras
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 725
Bandobras is on a distinguished road
I play with use_old_target. I target any monster once and then peck at the shooting macro

\e\e\e\ef10

I guess it stops me automatically when the monster is dead. I guess 0 is better than 5, because in case something goes wrong you don't waste a turn.
Bandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2008, 04:44   #3
Garrie
Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 147
Garrie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiiboi View Post
Hello everyone,
I just lost a character from using a shooting macro.
*tf15\e\e\e\e
ammo inscribed with @f1=g

In short, I dropped my light in a lighted area, teleported out, and died before I could make it back. ESP and rods of teleport other kept me alive for a while, but I got careless (sitting to regain health with ESP and didn't realize some huge undetectable was beating on me).

I inscribed the light with !d.....oh....it just dawned on me....the command is 't'ake off, not 'd'rop....!@$@$#%^$%#^%^@%$@%#$)%$!% my first character to have a chance at winning...

I was about to ask if anyone had any ideas, but I guess I found the problem (and the solution).
this re-raises a question i have: I do play an older version (3.0.5), my question is in the current version does enscribing !t prevent un-equipping an item?
__________________
Best /favorite character
Garrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2008, 11:33   #4
momo125
Scout
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 42
momo125 is on a distinguished road
I lost a good character when my light was taken off by accident. Every now and then the macro doesn't work right and it t (takes off) f (light source). I always inscribe my light source with !t.
I think I have it set to use old target by default and my fire macro is:
\e\e\e*tf1
momo125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2008, 11:46   #5
Bandobras
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 725
Bandobras is on a distinguished road
What does '*t' do? Picks the closest monster? Then use_old_target does not do anything for you. And why no '0' at the end of 'f1'? In this way you need 2 keystrokes per each shot, am I right? I need only 1 keystroke, after I choose the target at the start. And I don't need any extra keystrokes when that full HP mage gets closer to me than the almost dead mage I was firing at before.
Bandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2008, 17:52   #6
Andiiboi
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Andiiboi is on a distinguished road
momo125 has '*t' in his macro so he doesn't have to target at all in order to shoot the nearest monster. My 5 there is because I have use_old_target off.

I suppose by putting '\e\e\e' IN FRONT of the macro, you would clear whatever prompts are left. Then again, my '\e\e\e' at the end were more like '\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e', and it still happened.

I'm going to try 'f1*t' for a while and see if it takes off my light. I think the problem before only occurred when my hitpoint warning came on, and because 't' and 'f' were right next to each other. I can't really see any potential problems, except maybe moving '1', and that usually isn't *that* big of a deal. A lot less worse than dropping your only light source in a vault, phasing, and not having an easy way back in.

Last edited by Andiiboi; March 25, 2008 at 21:03.
Andiiboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2008, 18:29   #7
roustk
Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 167
roustk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiiboi View Post
I'm going to try 'f1*t' for a while and see if it takes off my light. I think the problem before only occurred when my hitpoint warning came on, and because 't' and 'f' were right next to each other.
I think that '*tf1' would be safe if you had easy_more turned off, so that only 'space' (or escape?) would clear more prompts. I would guess that what happened is that you used your macro when there was a more prompt, so the '*' cleared the more and the 'tf' took off your light.

Of course, you could also use roguelike mode, where 'T'ake off cannot easily be misinterpreted as an item. (For example, 'dT' will prompt you whether you *really* want to drop item t.)

Kevin
roustk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2008, 10:54   #8
Garrie
Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 147
Garrie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by roustk View Post
I think that '*tf1' would be safe if you had easy_more turned off, so that only 'space' (or escape?) would clear more prompts. I would guess that what happened is that you used your macro when there was a more prompt, so the '*' cleared the more and the 'tf' took off your light.

Of course, you could also use roguelike mode, where 'T'ake off cannot easily be misinterpreted as an item. (For example, 'dT' will prompt you whether you *really* want to drop item t.)

Kevin
but the issue is, with a full inventory when you have something go wrong with *tf1... macros, the * gets ignored and it becomes "tf" (take off light... inventory full = drop light) "1..."(ignored as a crap command)

I am hoping that eventually (and maybe even current version of V?) inscribing an item you intend to wear/wield with !t will prevent taking it off...
__________________
Best /favorite character
Garrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2008, 18:29   #9
Bandobras
Knight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 725
Bandobras is on a distinguished road
And I still don't know what does 't' during targeting do. I never use it. Perhaps there is a safer alternative? Could you explain?
Bandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2008, 19:54   #10
roustk
Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 167
roustk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie View Post
I am hoping that eventually (and maybe even current version of V?) inscribing an item you intend to wear/wield with !t will prevent taking it off...
You could use the '^' inscription to keep yourself from doing anything stupid. For example, I often inscribe an amulet of CHR with '^>^r^z^m' to prevent me from wearing it when I leave town (I will get a "are you sure?" prompt if I try to use the stairs, read a scroll, zap a rod, or use magic). On the rare occasions I carry a shovel, it gets inscribed '^;^.' so that I can't walk or run with it. You could inscribe your light source (or anything else you're wearing) with '^t', so that you have to confirm taking things off.

Kevin
roustk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tunneling macro help... Skitzman69 Vanilla 3 April 30, 2012 06:39
Macro question g. rodrigues Vanilla 1 March 5, 2008 12:23


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.