Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old May 4, 2015, 03:52   #11
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Bug #1892 should also include running one square past the Detect Trap line.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2015, 04:22   #12
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Bugs #1881 and #1915 should include:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
4. Ignoring object while in store, there is a delay of one turn in the inventory sub-window and the messages displayed in the message sub-window are out of order. E.g., the inventory sub-window displays, “Potion of Slowness {ignore}”, until the next turn. And e.g., the message sub-window displays, “You have no more Potions of Slowness {ignore} (d)”, followed by, “You drop 3 Potions of Slowness {ignore} (d)”.
Old May 4, 2015, 04:31   #13
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Angband 4.0 dev 8470954

Previously unreported bug. The player history records the finding of artifacts, but it no longer shows the artifact as "[LOST]" if it was left behind.
Old May 4, 2015, 04:37   #14
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Any chance of seeing some green trees in the town? Then again, since it's a village built atop of the entrance to Angband, maybe it is built on a heap of slag and ash where nothing green and beautiful will grow. Not to mention its streets are bathed in blood since adventurers keep slaughtering all the townfolks.
Old May 4, 2015, 04:43   #15
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Bug #1891 Object List delay. It turns out I was wrong about the second part. That is the way the subwindow previously behaved in 3.5 and 3.5.1. The first part is still a valid bug.

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; May 4, 2015 at 04:54.
Old May 4, 2015, 05:01   #16
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Angband 4.0 dev 8470954

Description inaccuracy in the ignoring sub-menu.

Ignoring a Lantern of Brightness provided three options:

1. Ignore this item.
2. Ignore all Lanterns of Brightness.
3. Ignore all Lights of Brightness.

The description of 2 and 3 are subtly different and confusingly, the result of choosing option 2 is to ignore ALL Lanterns, not just those of Brightness. Option 3 is the correct Ego squelch option. Option 2 should be changed to correctly state "Ignore all Lanterns".
Old May 4, 2015, 05:19   #17
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Bug #1860. Object Display Window, Seen vs. Aware

Just to clarify, the current behavior has always been the way it is, with player aware of every object both seen and unseen, but previously encountered, whereas the monster window correctly separates the two.

I brought this up back in September 2013, when I proposed Lat/Long for monsters similar to the way that coordinate information was already included for the Object sub-window. The community, and especially Molybdenum who did the coding, agreed on the Lat/Long issue and imported the behavior of object coordinates to monster coordinates (with a few tweaks for monster groups). However, I don't know that consensus was ever reached about importing the behavior of the monster split of seen vs. aware into the object sub-window. For me, it would be helpful to know when @ enters a room just what is actually in LoS, both monsters AND objects.

Just wanted to clarify in case you thought that some bit of code had previously worked correctly and then stopped. To my mind the object sub-window has never worked correctly. (Besides, the description has always been just flat wrong since it states that player "sees" everything in the object sub-window, whether in LoS or not. At a minimum, the description should at least be changed.)
Old May 4, 2015, 10:00   #18
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Angband 4.0 dev 8470954

Message and ID by use weirdness continues. And, I didn't see it in the bug list, but maybe I missed it.

"You have no room for a Broad Sword (2d5) {wielded}."

How did it have the "{wielded}" flag when @ hadn't even picked it up, let alone wielded it as equipment?

The same for staves showing up on the floor with the {wielded} flag, even though they never do get wielded since they can't be [e]quipped. In any event, wasn't the message "{tried}" before?
I would expect this if those objects were generated in a previous version - is that the case here?
Old May 4, 2015, 11:27   #19
Thraalbee
Knight

Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
I think you missed this one too:
Creating new character. Accept character history? "N", when editing the text press <end> => Assertion failed, File: z-textblock.c; Line: 115; Expression: new_length >= 0.
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2015, 13:26   #20
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Angband 4.0 dev 8470954

Message and ID by use weirdness continues. And, I didn't see it in the bug list, but maybe I missed it.

"You have no room for a Broad Sword (2d5) {wielded}."

How did it have the "{wielded}" flag when @ hadn't even picked it up, let alone wielded it as equipment?

The same for staves showing up on the floor with the {wielded} flag, even though they never do get wielded since they can't be [e]quipped. In any event, wasn't the message "{tried}" before?

Edit: Just walked over a weapon and got the message, "You have no room for a Long Sword (2d5) {special}." So, maybe some of what I perceived as weirdness is merely a decision to already implement some of the proposed changes to identification. Note that the Phial did not have any strange {appendage} associated with it when @ found it just now.
Last time I checked the latest commits, the one about ID_WORN was still doing things the wrong way. Flag must be set at birth, removed when item is worn and checked against absence in object_was_worn(). Maybe call the flag "ID_NOT_WORN" for more clarity?