AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old July 8, 2015, 15:11   #31
Carnivean
Knight

Carnivean is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraalbeast View Post
I picked up a beta test character in the angb-v4b-204-gfd9dbc5 release. Save files broke at that point so I could not complete the win during the test phase but now thought it would be fun to get a first mage winner.
But... after playing around with magic and looting a lot, I now can't get Morgoth to spawn. I have tried up/down stairs, recall, multiple rest 9999 etc, but he will not appear. I once destructed on him during looting but he is still alive.
Anyone remember if this was broken in this release or have any tips?
There was something about Sauron and Morgoth not re-appearing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
Update 5052b03 fixes:
Uniques (notably Sauron and Morgoth) not reappearing until a save and reload
Note that this update breaks savefiles -
I didn't see a proper fix, but closing and re-opening fixed it for Ingwe. This was from early in the beta thread.
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2015, 16:20   #32
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean View Post
I didn't see a proper fix, but closing and re-opening fixed it for Ingwe. This was from early in the beta thread.
Yes, uniques were only being generated once per game session, so if you destruct Morgoth or leave the level after seeing him, you need to save and quit and reopen the game before he'll respawn.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2015, 17:00   #33
Thraalbee
Knight

Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Yes, uniques were only being generated once per game session, so if you destruct Morgoth or leave the level after seeing him, you need to save and quit and reopen the game before he'll respawn.
THANKS! I really wanted the win and now I have it.
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2015, 01:36   #34
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikodemos View Post
Back again. I found a new bug. I am trying to decide between a pair of armors of Elvenkind, one I am wearing, the other on the ground. As I swap them back and forth (checking AC and weight, SP loss), the game keeps adding the weight of the swapped armor to my weight burden. As I keep swapping the armor, the weight of my pack keeps going up so that my speed goes down. After a half dozen switches, I am listed as carrying 300+ lbs and I now have a speed of -5. If I save and then reload, everything is back to normal, but the error is repeatable.
Thanks, very helpful, now fixed in development. I think we've been seeing this one occasionally for a while, but it's been hard to distinguish from failures to update which are fixed with a redraw.
Old July 11, 2015, 11:50   #35
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
If you browse Sorcery&Evocations, it says that Teleport Other does 100 damage!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15, 2015, 17:26   #36
tumbleweed
Adept

tumbleweed is on a distinguished road
If you don't carry any food, stand on a food item, press 'E' and then '/', a huge black window appears.

Also if you press '/' again, the black window goes away and the next time you step on an item, a "Cannot switch item selector." message appears in the log.
tumbleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2015, 04:10   #37
DeusIrae
Rookie

DeusIrae is on a distinguished road
I might have found an odd resistance bug that killed off a promising half-orc ranger just as I was about to crack open a truly terrifying greater vault (meaning it deprived me of the chance to get killed fair and square like five minutes later )

I was going up against a full-health Greater Storm Wyrm with about 230 hp remaining -- not especially smart, but I had both permanent and temporary rElec. First move in LOS the GSW breathes and knocks me down to -119. I thought the electricity cap was 1600, meaning stacked permanent and temporary resistance would have dropped the damage down to 1600/3/3 = 178 at most, possibly less depending on exactly how many hp GSW have these days (the monster spoiler says 3080 hp/1026 breath -- this is my first 4.0 character to get to a significant depth so I'm still building the monster memory), but from the results it seems like I ate a single-resisted ~350 damage lightning breath to the face.

Am I misunderstanding how things should be calculating, or is that a bug? The temporary rElec came from casting Resistance out of Scarabtarices, the permanent from four different sources (Amras, Arvedui, Colluin, Celegorm).

Ladder dump here.

Last edited by DeusIrae; July 30, 2015 at 04:16.
DeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2015, 19:12   #38
Chud
Swordsman

Chud is on a distinguished road
Wasn't there a change such that not all the damage is elemental anymore, there's now also a physical component too? Maybe that was it, if I'm remembering correctly, since it would make some part of the damage bypass your resistance.
Chud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2015, 19:56   #39
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
That's only for melee attacks; breath weapons are still purely elemental. It sure looks like the stacking effect from temporary+permanent resistance isn't working, from what DeusIrae said.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2015, 04:31   #40
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusIrae View Post
I was going up against a full-health Greater Storm Wyrm with about 230 hp remaining -- not especially smart, but I had both permanent and temporary rElec. First move in LOS the GSW breathes and knocks me down to -119. I thought the electricity cap was 1600, meaning stacked permanent and temporary resistance would have dropped the damage down to 1600/3/3 = 178 at most, possibly less depending on exactly how many hp GSW have these days (the monster spoiler says 3080 hp/1026 breath -- this is my first 4.0 character to get to a significant depth so I'm still building the monster memory), but from the results it seems like I ate a single-resisted ~350 damage lightning breath to the face.
Verified bug, which was potentially affecting quite a few things, including all temporary resists and a bunch of skill reductions due to confusion, hallucination etc.