Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 8, 2017, 11:44   #1
Odsoc
Scout

Odsoc is on a distinguished road
Question Changing layout/look

I'm new to all of this and was wondering if there is anyway to make the graphics a little bolder/larger? There are alot of options and all I have been able to do is stretch the screen and it looks worse. Is there a way to increase size and make them chunky-er(?)
Odsoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2017, 21:45   #2
luneya
Adept

luneya is on a distinguished road
If you're asking about graphics, I presume you've at least found the menu option to change between using ASCII and the various graphical tiles, as the default is ASCII. This apparently differs between the various OS ports--on Mac, the graphical settings appear in the settings menu of the standard Mac menubar, as opposed to the in-game settings menu that is accessed by pressing =. The menubar settings menu contains two options: the edit font window (which also has the keyboard shortcut command-T), and a submenu that lets you choose which tiles to use. What you actually want here is the edit font window, where you can adjust the game's text font size. Graphical tiles are scaled to be the same height as the standard ASCII-graphics, so changing font size will change the tiles as well as all the game text.
luneya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2017, 00:17   #3
kandrc
Swordsman

kandrc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odsoc View Post
I'm new to all of this and was wondering if there is anyway to make the graphics a little bolder/larger? There are alot of options and all I have been able to do is stretch the screen and it looks worse. Is there a way to increase size and make them chunky-er(?)
I don't know about other ports, but with X11, you can configure tile size and font size separately. This is done in x11-settings.prf, setting FONT_0, TILE_WIDTH, and TILE_HEIGHT.
kandrc is offline   Reply With Quote