Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old January 22, 2016, 02:34   #131
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Suggestion: move insane home possessions last in the character dump file. Last messages and options are interesting. 58 pages of junk in the closet, not so much.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2016, 06:52   #132
poschengbandplayer
Apprentice

poschengbandplayer is on a distinguished road
Also,is there a way I can make the screen not turn colours when casting invulnerability or wraith form?it makes me colour blind and i cant see what enemy i am fighting ;_;
poschengbandplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2016, 14:17   #133
mewmew
Apprentice

mewmew is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
Evasion only reduces breath damage?
also damage of thrown rocks by giants, ents etc i believe too
mewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2016, 14:15   #134
caruso
Adept

caruso is on a distinguished road
Falling back into my habit of amassing lots and lots of feedback before finally posting it... I should change this.

Bugs
  • When playing an evil priest, learning a new prayer deepens your faith [in good?], like s/he was a good priest. Reciting the prayers lowers it again, as expected. Or indeed, do worshippers of evil gods incur a penalty if they pray too often?
  • While hallucinating, terminal windows still display the true kind and number of opponents around
  • The game said that Dailai Dongzhu was immune to confusion, but the monster memory still does not say anything about confusion resistance.
  • Monsters that are hurt by bright light seem to be unaffected if they were unseen when hit by a beam of light. This can make the difference when you're fighting a hoard of orcs.
  • Once so far, the game told me that my character had been given a light cut when in fact it was a bad cut. This happened when a hill giant threw a boulder at him.
  • The game calls you a brute when one of your allies turns to fight
  • The game calls you a glutton while your character is starving
  • Once so far, a terrified novice warrior ran straight toward my party instead of running away
Tweaks
  • Prevent the game from suggesting that a certain kind of item might have hidden powers when in fact it never has them.
  • If the character is too heavily loaded for swimming, tell the player about it before the char walks into deep water
  • in the terminal window with the list of present monsters, separate enemy monsters from allies.
  • always display current mana upkeep after you have dismissed pets, not only when you are forced to dismiss some of them
  • if the character uses a wand suitable for boosting your allies, choose the character's allies first as suitable targets
  • running should be interrupted as soon as your character sees projectiles and spells flying around (which are not aimed at the character)
  • "Riding" in the description of a weapon should be expanded to "It is suitable for use while riding" again.
Flavour
  • Speaking allies should only talk when you are aware of enemy monsters.
  • You could change the virtue Faith to Faith in good, to explain why reciting evil prayers "shows a complete lack of faith". Unless, of course, that should be meant as a penalty for evil priests and paladins of death who keep asking their deities for help.
  • Moulds should not "hit" their targets but release spores at them

Manual

In the subchapter on Riding, it says that you need to attack monsters with melee or ranged weapons in order to train the riding skill. Does it matter whether the attacks actually hit? I'm asking because my current chance to hit with a sling is 0% when riding.
caruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2016, 16:25   #135
Regalia
Apprentice

Regalia is on a distinguished road
If I may, um, interject .

Quote:
Originally Posted by caruso View Post
[*]If the character is too heavily loaded for swimming, tell the player about it before the char walks into deep water
You mean something like "Overburdened. Enter water (Y/N)"? As an option at most. I can't imagine how tedious it would be to confirm every time when you're fully aware that you're too heavy and you're ok with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caruso View Post
[*]running should be interrupted as soon as your character sees projectiles and spells flying around (which are not aimed at the character)
Again, as an option. Some characters wouldn't care all that much unless actually hit.
Regalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2016, 23:02   #136
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Ironically, overburdening weights in 4.0.0 don't accelerate hunger

My best try at PosChengband 7.0.0's nightmare-mode on Angband.live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAR0WOphUA
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2016, 03:07   #137
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Can chaos patrons still polymorph your race? It seems some of the craziness on the chaos warrior has been tuned down. A little over tuned down for my liking, them being a bit ridiculous to play was part of the fun. Less polymorphing is good (I used to always go snotling because of it), but a bit more general nutzoid would be fun.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2016, 04:01   #138
Tulip
Scout

Tulip is on a distinguished road
The Q ghost can eat wanted corpses.

It's terrible.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2016, 05:02   #139
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
So can green gluttons. If you don't have Si you want to be taking early corpses like Fang back straight away, otherwise it'll cost you those speed potions.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2016, 17:09   #140
Regalia
Apprentice

Regalia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
So can green gluttons. If you don't have Si you want to be taking early corpses like Fang back straight away, otherwise it'll cost you those speed potions.
Ultimately, it'll cost you those invincibility potions.

---

SEE (something else entirely): do keymaps work in this version (don't remember the last version I tried)? I try to set one up via @8 but they don't seem to do anything.

Edit: Nevermind. I guess I was lucky to pick wrong keys for extensive testing... like 0.

Last edited by Regalia; January 28, 2016 at 19:18.
Regalia is offline   Reply With Quote