Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old January 22, 2011, 20:50   #1
nppangband
NPPAngband Maintainer

nppangband is on a distinguished road
NPP 0.5.1 Beta-6 "Release Candidate" is available

Here is what I hope to be the final NPP 0.5.1. Most importantly, the Pazuzu insta-KO bug is fixed. Along with a couple other fixed bugs, there are just a couple minor new features from the last release.

The links are:

Full Announcement:

http://forum.nppangband.org/viewtopi...pid=3292#p3292

source:
http://download.nppangband.org/npp-0.5.1-src-beta6.zip

Windows executable:
http://download.nppangband.org/npp-0.5.1-win-beta6.zip
nppangband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2011, 23:23   #2
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Storm giants appear to be able to pull the same trick that Pazuzu does; in any event, I went from stunned (or possibly even normal; not sure) to knocked out in one round of combat after one commanded me to return. I'm assuming this is unintended...

(Note: running beta-5a for this, and assuming you fixed Pazuzu by changing his entry in monster.txt, not by changing the rules for knockouts)

EDIT: okay, running beta6 now (I force-quit rather than lose my character to the knockout), and apparently you did something different to fix the knockout. I'm getting debugging output from nest quests, though: "dropping extra item -more- this_chest is 0, this_great is 0, this_good is 1, interesting is 0", etc.

EDIT 2: thanks so much for fixing the pickup issue, and for giving weak pseudoers {average} pseudo. I'll put more stuff into the NPP thoughts thread.

Last edited by Derakon; January 22, 2011 at 23:38.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2011, 01:38   #3
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
@derakon: This seems perfectly reasonable. After all, there's a slight chance of instakill from a Taser, so why not from other electric attacks?
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2011, 02:40   #4
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
If we want to go down that road, then lightning breath should have a chance to cause a heart attack...
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2011, 12:36   #5
nppangband
NPPAngband Maintainer

nppangband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Storm giants appear to be able to pull the same trick that Pazuzu does; in any event, I went from stunned (or possibly even normal; not sure) to knocked out in one round of combat after one commanded me to return. I'm assuming this is unintended...

(Note: running beta-5a for this, and assuming you fixed Pazuzu by changing his entry in monster.txt, not by changing the rules for knockouts)

EDIT: okay, running beta6 now (I force-quit rather than lose my character to the knockout), and apparently you did something different to fix the knockout. I'm getting debugging output from nest quests, though: "dropping extra item -more- this_chest is 0, this_great is 0, this_good is 1, interesting is 0", etc.

EDIT 2: thanks so much for fixing the pickup issue, and for giving weak pseudoers {average} pseudo. I'll put more stuff into the NPP thoughts thread.
The knockout fix was at the source code level, and affects all monsters whose attack was HIT:ELEC or HIT:FIRE. No need to edit the monster.txt.

Looks like I forgot to remove my playtesting notes. I will repost. That was me trying to determine how good the extra items dropped by quest monsters are. (Which I changed in accordance with your observations. Hopefully the balance is good now.)

EDIT: I uploaded a new NPP 051Beta-6. This new one doesn't have my playtesting messages, and I also made the perception spell for priests and paladins much easier to cast.

Last edited by nppangband; January 23, 2011 at 12:50.
nppangband is offline   Reply With Quote