Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old March 17, 2020, 19:39   #151
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Haven't tried it, but I suspect you'll actually get mages doing a funny dance a certain distance away. Sils archers fire every turn, if they don't move they shoot. What does a V caster do when it reaches ideal range?
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2020, 19:54   #152
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
This proposal is because melee classes are already so ridiculously OP?
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2020, 20:32   #153
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
I think there's a little code error in build_store(), line 1540:

Code:
if (build_s - build_n > 1 && square_isfloor(c, loc(door.x, build_s + 1)))
Everywhere else in the function, the negation is used before square_isfloor(), but not there, which seems suspicious.
Thanks, I think you're correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Bit of a minor issue, the / command (identify symbol) reads straight off the top of the object list. For example if I move spear to the top of object list & give it the , symbol, then the command returns "polearm" for identify ','. This is mostly ok '!' returns flask which works ok for potion & ',' returns food which works ok for mushroom, I guess the only questionable one is the mushroom patch case.

Actually found a few more '^' is unknown symbol. '+' is closed door (which may be an issue for FA with trees). '#' is secret door.
Yeah, the lookup_symbol() function has a whole lot of comments about how not ideal the method is. I'll file a bug, but not an urgent one.

As for the ranged monsters keeping their distance, don't panic - I said more likely, not certain.
Old March 17, 2020, 20:40   #154
DavidMedley
Swordsman

DavidMedley is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
This proposal is because melee classes are already so ridiculously OP?
Not sure if you're referring to me, but if you are... When I said "it would be super annoying with a melee character" I could have expanded to say "and further imbalance the game in favor of shooters." Though if we went further and nerfed kiting then the balance could swing back in favor of melee characters.
DavidMedley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2020, 14:35   #155
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
I don't understand build_ruin(). For me, each time I try to generate a town in debug mode, this crashes because either "west" is bigger than "east" or "north" is bigger than "south". And when I use the latest build without debug mode, the game doesn't crash but I never see any "ruin" (because I suppose fill_rectangle() absorbs the error and simply does nothing in that case).
Old March 18, 2020, 19:39   #156
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
I don't understand build_ruin(). For me, each time I try to generate a town in debug mode, this crashes because either "west" is bigger than "east" or "north" is bigger than "south". And when I use the latest build without debug mode, the game doesn't crash but I never see any "ruin" (because I suppose fill_rectangle() absorbs the error and simply does nothing in that case).
I didn't write it, and haven't actually looked very closely, but it doesn't seem to have caused me any problems. I just generated a new town, here's a screenshot - there seem to be two ruins in the lower row and one in the upper, next to the stairs.
Old March 18, 2020, 22:15   #157
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
I don't get it either. I mean it seems to work out, but if you look at it without the "now blow it up bit"

http://angband.oook.cz/screen-show.php?id=4735

You can see that its spread out & invades the walls, its the magma.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2020, 08:28   #158
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I didn't write it, and haven't actually looked very closely, but it doesn't seem to have caused me any problems. I just generated a new town, here's a screenshot - there seem to be two ruins in the lower row and one in the upper, next to the stairs.
Hmm I see. My local copy has iterators instead of "for (y...) for (x...)" loops that's why I get an error. In V code, when the bounds are incorrect (west > east or north > south), fill_rectangle() actually does nothing and the "ruin" just consists of rubble. I just need add a bounds check in fill_rectangle() before my iterator.
Old March 21, 2020, 22:34   #159
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

New builds are now up on the nightlies page and angband.live (source is here) with the following changes:
  • Many new fixes from backwardsEric - I'm starting to run out of words for this. This lot includes:
    • More macOS fixes
    • Inclusion of some more tiles for new stuff
    • Stopping hangs in targeting
    • Preventing crashes when a commanded monsters is killed
    • Possible fix to regenerating uniques
  • Fixed a bug where a confused player trying to run could actually sometimes run a bit in the correct direction (thanks David Medley)
  • Fixed a bug where blackguards with bloodlust would randomly move (instead of randomly attacking a nearby monster - David again)
  • Stopped randart launchers from getting negative multipliers (#4275, thanks Sky)
  • Added a comment in object_property.txt to clarify why 0 values of type-mult are necessary (#4216)
Old March 22, 2020, 13:41   #160
moosferatu
Scout

moosferatu is on a distinguished road
Looks like there might be a bug in the new running while confused logic. In the attached screenshot I am not confused, tried to run, and was unable to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	run-bug.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1802  

Last edited by moosferatu; March 22, 2020 at 13:47.
moosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote