Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old October 6, 2015, 04:24   #51
Rydel
Apprentice

Rydel is on a distinguished road
I'm doing normal selling in the Death Sword game. For the Weapon Master, I can't change it mid game and don't want to start over, since I'm doing rather well.

BTW, is there a good online spoiler for PosChengband, like https://code.google.com/p/chengband/w/list for Chengbang or the (now dead) Hengband spoiler page? The Google page and the GitHub page don't have one.

I'm mostly interesting in seeing more about the different races and classes, since a lot of them have changed from Chengband.

EDIT: And then I found this: http://pastebin.com/ZLZZz45j, though it has less detail than the Chengband spoiler and doesn't give much on classes.
I'm trying to think of an analogy, and the best I can come up with is Angband is like fishing for sharks, and Sil is like hunting a bear with a pocket knife and a pair of chopsticks. It's not great. -Nick

Last edited by Rydel; October 7, 2015 at 05:14.
Rydel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8, 2015, 00:54   #52
jevansau
Adept

jevansau is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if anything affects the power of the artifact created by reading a scroll of artifact creation?
I've had a quick look at the source, and it didn't look like it, but I'd be happy to get some more knowledgeable feedback.
jevansau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2015, 14:01   #53
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Not sure if it's necessary for balance but the fact a ninjas explosive rune blowing up on the other side of the map reveals his position feels a bit weird.

Having just fought Utgard-Loke again I possibly should mention his vulnerability to monster confusion scrolls makes an otherwise tough fight very easy to cheese.

Last edited by wobbly; October 11, 2015 at 14:08.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2015, 16:23   #54
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevansau View Post
Does anyone know if anything affects the power of the artifact created by reading a scroll of artifact creation?
I've had a quick look at the source, and it didn't look like it, but I'd be happy to get some more knowledgeable feedback.
The depth you're at when you read the scroll affects the quality. (This is hardwired into artefact generation, iirc.)
Old October 11, 2015, 18:11   #55
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly
Having just fought Utgard-Loke again I possibly should mention his vulnerability to monster confusion scrolls makes an otherwise tough fight very easy to cheese.
Utgard-Loke can only get confused for so long. And once he stops getting confused, TELEPORT!!
Old October 18, 2015, 22:22   #56
wobbly
Veteran

If you *id a wand to find out the damage then it stacks with another wand it loses *id.
Old October 28, 2015, 21:31   #57
Raccoon
Scout

Raccoon is on a distinguished road
I'm giving this variant a try for the first time. I like it quite a bit, but the virtues aren't so fun. I don't like that my virtues are harmed by things that are entirely beyond my control, like having fear and confusion spells cast on me.

Also, if killing fleeing/sleeping enemies is dishonorable, maybe intelligent monsters should try to surrender or something, like in Incursion? I don't know, but it feels like virtues get punished overly much because there's not many options in place to avoid doing 'bad' things.
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2015, 21:42   #58
Arjen
Adept

Arjen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I'm giving this variant a try for the first time. I like it quite a bit, but the virtues aren't so fun. I don't like that my virtues are harmed by things that are entirely beyond my control, like having fear and confusion spells cast on me.

Also, if killing fleeing/sleeping enemies is dishonorable, maybe intelligent monsters should try to surrender or something, like in Incursion? I don't know, but it feels like virtues get punished overly much because there's not many options in place to avoid doing 'bad' things.
You can turn Virtues off somewhere in options. They do not affect the playgame a lot (if it does at all).
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2015, 01:50   #59
Raccoon
Scout

Raccoon is on a distinguished road
Is it intentional that cone breath attacks can go through solid walls? This is going to make hounds really horrible to fight!
Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2015, 13:43   #60
wobbly
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Is it intentional that cone breath attacks can go through solid walls? This is going to make hounds really horrible to fight!
Not sure what you mean. There's a 2 radius ball at the end of the cone. If they can see a square within that distance of you they'll hit you whether you can see them or not.