Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old November 16, 2016, 13:03   #51
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Getting "You spin around" instead of digging while wearing a ring of digging that should take 16 turns to tunnel granite.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2016, 13:55   #52
Grotug
Knight

Grotug is on a distinguished road
When I Rest for 1 turn, sometimes no time goes by; I'll do it like 5 times and the monster will not approach closer. Then I'll Rest 2 turns and suddenly it is on top of me. Sometimes Resting 1 turn works fine, but often it doesn't seem to do anything at all.
Grotug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2016, 14:19   #53
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Is there someplace to see what has changed in each new version of the nightlies? Just wondering from one iteration to the next what was changed and whether or what previously reported bugs might have been squashed. It doesn't matter much, though, since I play test it anyway.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2016, 15:29   #54
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Latest nightly has a change to file handling? Previously, I could double-click a savefile and it would open Angband. The latest nightly requires me to open Angband then open the savefile from Angband. I used to only have to do this to create a new savefile.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
Old November 16, 2016, 16:04   #55
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Is there someplace to see what has changed in each new version of the nightlies? Just wondering from one iteration to the next what was changed and whether or what previously reported bugs might have been squashed. It doesn't matter much, though, since I play test it anyway.
Usually here: https://github.com/angband/angband
Old November 16, 2016, 16:05   #56
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotug View Post
When I Rest for 1 turn, sometimes no time goes by; I'll do it like 5 times and the monster will not approach closer. Then I'll Rest 2 turns and suddenly it is on top of me. Sometimes Resting 1 turn works fine, but often it doesn't seem to do anything at all.
IIRC resting has been changed somewhere along the 4.0 route, so that the first five turns do nothing. You need to rest more than 5 turns now to get actual rest.
Old November 16, 2016, 17:14   #57
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

I know that the monster.txt copy to lore.txt isn't fixed yet, but player knowledge appears to have update problems as well.

Player knowledge remains screwed up. Hitting a monster with Dethanc and the message is "You hit...", not "shock", so clearly the monster is resistant to electricity, but the monster recall fails to update to show that the monster has such resistance.
Old November 16, 2016, 19:50   #58
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I know that the monster.txt copy to lore.txt isn't fixed yet
Actually, that is fixed - that's what I meant by "monster memory bug".

Quote:
Player knowledge remains screwed up. Hitting a monster with Dethanc and the message is "You hit...", not "shock", so clearly the monster is resistant to electricity, but the monster recall fails to update to show that the monster has such resistance.
OK - I'll look for that, and I have a fairly good idea where to find it.

As for the file handling, that's on a Mac, right? It's just possible there's some weirdness starting to happen because one of our autobuilders uses Mountain Lion (IIRC), and one uses Sierra.
Old November 16, 2016, 20:10   #59
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Latest nightly has a change to file handling? Previously, I could double-click a savefile and it would open Angband. The latest nightly requires me to open Angband then open the savefile from Angband. I used to only have to do this to create a new savefile.
I have just tested this, and double-clicking with the latest build works for me. There certainly wasn't an intentional change to save file handling, and the Mac port itself hasn't actually changed at all for ages.
Old November 16, 2016, 20:28   #60
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Get the message that @ has slowed down, but the displayed speed on both the main screen and the character information screen continue to show the elevated speed until @ hits a monster, opens a door, or makes some other affirmative action other than movement. This is a bug just introduced in the latest iteration.