Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old November 12, 2013, 05:29   #1
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
3.5 dev 626-Downstairs on DL99 w/o Sauron dead

Oddest thing, a downstairs was generated on DL99 without having killed Sauron. I wanted to take it, just to see what would happen, but Sauron was in the room and I had to bug out with a teleport. It will be very difficult since I'm way under leveled for this depth, but maybe I can work my way back to that room and give those stairs a go!

Whoa! I managed to phase into the room, teleport away Sauron and dash down the stairs before a Dracolisk breathed. DL 100 and teleported away from Morgoth and recalled to Town. OMG! DL 100, massively under-leveled, Sauron is alive and presumable Morgoth could summon him and I'd be faced with both bosses at once! This is scary!

And able to run down stairs from there! DL 101 and the bosses are both alive! Used ?Deep Descent all the way to the bottom, DL127. Bypassed both bosses. Sometimes on these deep levels they show up, but they are not guaranteed, unlike for DL 99 and DL100.

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; November 12, 2013 at 10:54.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2013, 13:46   #2
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Oddest thing, a downstairs was generated on DL99 without having killed Sauron. I wanted to take it, just to see what would happen, but Sauron was in the room and I had to bug out with a teleport. It will be very difficult since I'm way under leveled for this depth, but maybe I can work my way back to that room and give those stairs a go!

Whoa! I managed to phase into the room, teleport away Sauron and dash down the stairs before a Dracolisk breathed. DL 100 and teleported away from Morgoth and recalled to Town. OMG! DL 100, massively under-leveled, Sauron is alive and presumable Morgoth could summon him and I'd be faced with both bosses at once! This is scary!

And able to run down stairs from there! DL 101 and the bosses are both alive! Used ?Deep Descent all the way to the bottom, DL127. Bypassed both bosses. Sometimes on these deep levels they show up, but they are not guaranteed, unlike for DL 99 and DL100.
Sigh, this is a bug that keeps on coming back. Thanks for the report.
Old November 12, 2013, 19:58   #3
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by takkaria View Post
Sigh, this is a bug that keeps on coming back. Thanks for the report.
I'm actually having a lot of fun creeping around at the very roots of the mountain, so to speak, like Bilbo when he first met Smeagol. A lot more dangerous though! Leveling up and finding good objects while avoiding the many things that can insta-kill me.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2013, 13:50   #4
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm actually having a lot of fun creeping around at the very roots of the mountain, so to speak, like Bilbo when he first met Smeagol. A lot more dangerous though! Leveling up and finding good objects while avoiding the many things that can insta-kill me.
OK, well I can't reproduce it and I can't see any way this could happen, so please just post to the forum if it happens again.
Old December 21, 2013, 13:55   #5
Avenger
Apprentice

Avenger is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Hehehe. Welcome to the reality of MAngband.

I was going to wonder if there were stairways to hell in Vanilla, but since you actually managed to descend, I don't suppose that's the explanation.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote