AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 6, 2011, 11:00   #11
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Baron View Post
Actually, this was intentional. The border tile is drawn in the same layer as a monster, object or player, so if they were on a plain floor, I chose to replace the floor with a different tile. I used green tiles that already existed in the tileset, because I am not an artist. The tile from your tileset is the green x, same as the overlay tile, it is just hidden by the object.

It would be easy to remove the border floor, but that would mean the nothing would show for the border if a monster or object were on the border. (It is also easy to add the test so the floor under the player changes.)

Also, it is easy to change the tile used. The code uses the tile of feature 64 for the border floor and feature 65 for the border overlay. The tiles used by these features can be changed in the pref files like the rest of the features.
Ah, thanks for the explanation. I've added another tile to my set that's the green x with lit floor as background, and that works nicely. Here's a zip with the updated tiles and graf-nmd.prf file.

I did also notice one slightly ironic problem: when there's a trap directly on the detection border, the border overlay covers it up.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2011, 02:03   #12
Napsterbater
Adept

Napsterbater is on a distinguished road
When I rolled back to before the Ainu change, I can start and play the game again.
Old September 11, 2011, 06:58   #13
d_m
Angband Devteam member

d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napsterbater View Post
When I rolled back to before the Ainu change, I can start and play the game again.
How are you building and running the game?

It sounds to me like maybe the wrong lib directory is being used.

I'm using Ubuntu without problems, and I haven't heard anyone else hit this issue, so I think it can be resolved either with make clean or something similar.
Old September 11, 2011, 17:37   #14
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m View Post
How are you building and running the game?

It sounds to me like maybe the wrong lib directory is being used.

I'm using Ubuntu without problems, and I haven't heard anyone else hit this issue, so I think it can be resolved either with make clean or something similar.
could it be possible that he reloaded on a level with an active angel in LoS. That would probably create some problems, right?
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2011, 02:36   #15
Napsterbater
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m View Post
Tried that, didn't work.

I guess I have to find where all the pieces of the game installs to, eliminate them by hand, then re-build.
Old September 12, 2011, 12:40   #16
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzix View Post
could it be possible that he reloaded on a level with an active angel in LoS. That would probably create some problems, right?
It shouldn't, as the code would just look up the r_idx of the monster in LOS and return the details of the maiar which has replaced the original angel.

I think d_m is right and the lib/ path is ending up with an old monster.txt from before the change.

@Napsterbater: you're building this yourself, right? Since the nightlies are only published as pre-built for Windows and OSX, you must be compiling from source on Ubuntu. So how are you compiling it? Presumably something like

./autogen.sh
./configure --with-some-options
make
make install

?

I think the problem is quite likely to be the interaction of your configure options with your previous install. It's also possible that you fell foul of a bug that I committed which broke the buildsystem on Linux (especially if you use --enable-setgid).
Old September 12, 2011, 23:53   #17
Napsterbater
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
It shouldn't, as the code would just look up the r_idx of the monster in LOS and return the details of the maiar which has replaced the original angel.

I think d_m is right and the lib/ path is ending up with an old monster.txt from before the change.

@Napsterbater: you're building this yourself, right? Since the nightlies are only published as pre-built for Windows and OSX, you must be compiling from source on Ubuntu. So how are you compiling it? Presumably something like

./autogen.sh
./configure --with-some-options
make
make install

?

I think the problem is quite likely to be the interaction of your configure options with your previous install. It's also possible that you fell foul of a bug that I committed which broke the buildsystem on Linux (especially if you use --enable-setgid).
Yeah, that's how I do it. I don't use --enable-setgid. I think I even tried deleting the entire build folder and re-cloning from git, and it didn't work.
Old September 13, 2011, 19:22   #18
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Yeah, that's how I do it. I don't use --enable-setgid. I think I even tried deleting the entire build folder and re-cloning from git, and it didn't work.
Ok, you didn't say what configure options you use, but the ultimate test is to configure --with-no-install and just type src/angband after make. That ought to work. Having said that, the build system has been partially fixed (I suspect not all the --with-foopath options will work properly, but a normal prefix ought to install ok).
Old September 14, 2011, 03:19   #19
Napsterbater
Adept

Sorry, I didn't put it down, because I rarely have to configure. I usually just git pull, then make clean and make. Whatever it is, it's just graphics options. Probably just --enable-sdl

So I can git pull and try again? Are the fixes in the main tree?
Old September 14, 2011, 11:13   #20
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't put it down, because I rarely have to configure. I usually just git pull, then make clean and make. Whatever it is, it's just graphics options. Probably just --enable-sdl

So I can git pull and try again? Are the fixes in the main tree?
Yes, the fixes are now in the main tree. But you should try to get into the habit of doing make distclean; ./autogen.sh; ./configure --with-your-options; make. It adds about 90 seconds to your build but guarantees that you will have no more problems than those actually present upstream ...