Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2011, 07:42   #1
d_m
Angband Devteam member
 
d_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,516
d_m is on a distinguished road
5th September Nightly builds available

Hi everyone,

We have a new nightly and it's got a lot of good stuff. I just wanted to point out the highlights, especially since they have mostly been contributed by people outside the core dev team!

New OSX Cocoa interface by ridiculous_fish - Beautiful new OSX front-end with scalable fonts, fantastic graphics, etc. Also supports full-screen in Lion. This is not hooked into the auto-builder (yet) so you won't see this unless you build from source on OSX. Hopefully soon we will get the packaging script updated to use it.

RST manual pages by fph - A major step toward getting unified game documentation working, as well as a good update to the docs themselves.

Lots of tile bug fixes and improvements by Blue Baron, including fixes for detection and feeling tiles, better alpha support for SDL, and assorted windows fixes. Also, the death of most of limits.txt

Angel -> Ainu update by Jeff - discussed in the forums recently. Ever wanted to kill Radagast the Brown? Now is your chance!

The nightly contains various other bugfixes and improvements too! For example, I think the weird sound bug may be fixed.
__________________
linux->xterm->screen->pmacs
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5, 2011, 11:47   #2
Nomad
Knight
 
Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 958
Nomad is on a distinguished road
Yay, trap detection borders in tile mode! I just tried it out and it works great. And I took a look at the in-game help and the RST transfer looks pretty clean. Good stuff.

But huh, did ring of the dog get its combat bonuses removed? I can see that they might have been overpowered as an early game item, but I'd have preferred, say, fixing the dam bonus at +1 or pairing it with an equivalent minus to hit.
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5, 2011, 14:36   #3
takkaria
Veteran
 
takkaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,849
Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Yay, trap detection borders in tile mode! I just tried it out and it works great. And I took a look at the in-game help and the RST transfer looks pretty clean. Good stuff.

But huh, did ring of the dog get its combat bonuses removed? I can see that they might have been overpowered as an early game item, but I'd have preferred, say, fixing the dam bonus at +1 or pairing it with an equivalent minus to hit.
Yeah, fizzix suggested removing them to differentiate it more from =RecklessAttacks. I'd be interested in hearing if people still think it's worth using.
__________________
"Physician, heal thyself."
takkaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5, 2011, 15:28   #4
relic
Apprentice
 
relic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 76
relic is on a distinguished road
I downloaded this nightly and discovered a minor bug. The menu items ASCII Graphics and 8x8 tiles seem to have got the effect of the other, that is, 8x8 tiles gives ASCII graphics, and ASCII graphics gives tiles.

Hopefully this is easy to fix
relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5, 2011, 15:33   #5
relic
Apprentice
 
relic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 76
relic is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I downloaded this nightly and discovered a minor bug. The menu items ASCII Graphics and 8x8 tiles seem to have got the effect of the other, that is, 8x8 tiles gives ASCII graphics, and ASCII graphics gives tiles.

Hopefully this is easy to fix
Oh, forgot. I have the OSX version.
relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5, 2011, 19:46   #6
Nomad
Knight
 
Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: England
Posts: 958
Nomad is on a distinguished road
Spotted one minor bug with the trap detection borders in tile mode: when objects or monsters are on top of one of the border squares, the underlying floor tile doesn't display correctly, and you get a different tile instead. (Seems to be a grass tile in the old and DVG tiles, some sort of rune in the Adam Bolt set, and a blank black tile in mine.) Doesn't happen to the actual player tile, though, so hopefully whatever code is used there can easily be applied to the other cases.

Definitely appreciating having the detection borders visible. Many thanks to Blue Baron - it's great to see all the work you've been doing on tile support lately!
Attached Images
 
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2011, 03:03   #7
Napsterbater
Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 177
Napsterbater is on a distinguished road
Can't run the newest nightly. Angband crashes with "bad sf-flag: S_ANGEL"
__________________
This thread, it needs more rage. -- Napstopher Walken
Napsterbater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2011, 04:44   #8
d_m
Angband Devteam member
 
d_m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Age: 37
Posts: 1,516
d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napsterbater View Post
Can't run the newest nightly. Angband crashes with "bad sf-flag: S_ANGEL"
Ouch!

Is this on Windows?
__________________
linux->xterm->screen->pmacs
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2011, 05:38   #9
Blue Baron
Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 103
Blue Baron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Spotted one minor bug with the trap detection borders in tile mode: when objects or monsters are on top of one of the border squares, the underlying floor tile doesn't display correctly, and you get a different tile instead. (Seems to be a grass tile in the old and DVG tiles, some sort of rune in the Adam Bolt set, and a blank black tile in mine.) Doesn't happen to the actual player tile, though, so hopefully whatever code is used there can easily be applied to the other cases.
Actually, this was intentional. The border tile is drawn in the same layer as a monster, object or player, so if they were on a plain floor, I chose to replace the floor with a different tile. I used green tiles that already existed in the tileset, because I am not an artist. The tile from your tileset is the green x, same as the overlay tile, it is just hidden by the object.

It would be easy to remove the border floor, but that would mean the nothing would show for the border if a monster or object were on the border. (It is also easy to add the test so the floor under the player changes.)

Also, it is easy to change the tile used. The code uses the tile of feature 64 for the border floor and feature 65 for the border overlay. The tiles used by these features can be changed in the pref files like the rest of the features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Definitely appreciating having the detection borders visible. Many thanks to Blue Baron - it's great to see all the work you've been doing on tile support lately!
You're welcome
Blue Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6, 2011, 06:11   #10
Napsterbater
Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 177
Napsterbater is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_m View Post
Ouch!

Is this on Windows?
Ubuntu Linux.
__________________
This thread, it needs more rage. -- Napstopher Walken
Napsterbater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nightly builds and release notes Timo Pietilš Development 4 January 15, 2011 22:49
What happened September 4, 2008? Timo Pietilš Oook! 1 September 19, 2010 06:45
Nightly Builds and Save Files timtek Vanilla 2 June 13, 2010 00:28
nightly builds not updated at rephial.org bebo Vanilla 1 September 8, 2009 22:49
Question about the nightly builds Zero Vanilla 14 February 14, 2008 05:45


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.