AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old June 10, 2015, 15:58   #461
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Boy View Post
Here's a bug related to the artifact knowledge menu. It seems artifacts are being added when they are generated rather then when they are found, as there are several artifacts in the knowledge menu for my current game that I have not found.

Also in the Unique monster knowledge menu it says I know 36 uniques and have killed 20 but if you look in the player history I've actually killed just over 50 but most of them do not show up in the menu.
I had copied my save file to another computer when I noticed these issues. After copying my save file back to the original computer the unique monster knowledge is correct but the artifact menu still has extras.
Old June 10, 2015, 18:42   #462
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
When looking at your inventory in a store/home the store/home inventory is blacked out behind the first quiver slot but visible behind any subsequent slots which gets confusing when the lines run together.
Old June 10, 2015, 20:40   #463
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
... the fix is not to drop it, which means it's carried until something else triggers a drop (or you drop it manually)....
What is the "something else" that triggers a drop? Clearly it's not movement, melee, leaving a store, or any number of other things I've tried. It looks to me like the only way to get rid of an {ignored} item in @'s pack is to manually drop it. What am I missing? Is this intended?

Edit: Okay, I'm mystified. Sometimes when I ignore something it drops right away, sometimes it stays in the pack until I manually drop. I'll have to pay more attention to exactly what the differences are.

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; June 10, 2015 at 21:49.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2015, 23:07   #464
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Update 1f03be2 fixes:
  • All the tile redraw problems, I think - I was aiming to fix the detached heads thing, and seem to have accidentally fixed the cursor issue as well.
  • Non-use of the plural for noticing brand on multiple bolts
  • Crash from selling ignored stuff to a shop - the fix is not to drop it, which means it's carried until something else triggers a drop (or you drop it manually)

The artifact knowledge thing is definitely a bug, and tehre is likely an easy fix, but I haven't verified it yet. The windows closing thing - I'll have a look and see if I can do anything. Randart star with no activation - I thought I had made that impossible, apparently not.
Love what your doing, Nick - much, much gratitude!

However...

...this latest update is unplayable for me, I'm afraid. Using Windows7 and Shockbolt, the flicker is so intense that after 10 minutes of playing my eyes are literally starting to ache! So I've had to stop playing tonight.
It may even be dangerous to certain players with, e.g., epilepsy (*warning* - utterly non-medical opinion here).

Am I the only one with this problem? If so, it must be my computer deciding that I've spent far too much time playing Angband recently.
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2015, 23:12   #465
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
...this latest update is unplayable for me, I'm afraid. Using Windows7 and Shockbolt, the flicker is so intense that after 10 minutes of playing my eyes are literally starting to ache! So I've had to stop playing tonight.
It may even be dangerous to certain players with, e.g., epilepsy (*warning* - utterly non-medical opinion here).
Is this only since the last update? I was a bit worried about flicker - a couple of the solutions I tried actually had more...
Old June 10, 2015, 23:17   #466
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
What is the "something else" that triggers a drop? Clearly it's not movement, melee, leaving a store, or any number of other things I've tried. It looks to me like the only way to get rid of an {ignored} item in @'s pack is to manually drop it. What am I missing? Is this intended?
Certain actions will trigger the game to check through your gear to see if there's anything that can be ignored and dropped. The main one is picking something up, but also getting pseudo-ID, inscribing something, uninscribing something, wielding something, and so on.
Old June 10, 2015, 23:32   #467
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is this only since the last update? I was a bit worried about flicker - a couple of the solutions I tried actually had more...
Yep, just since the last update. Every movement causes a noticable redraw. It's a bit like those early Edwardian 'What the Butler Saw' flicks (only I doubt any butler ever saw what my Half-Troll Ranger was doing to some poor kobolds...)
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2015, 01:07   #468
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a double-buffering problem to me. Not that I've even glanced at the drawing code.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2015, 01:42   #469
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
Just got a crash in 4c26520, not sure exactly why. The last thing I did was step on a summoning trap (which must have been created by a monster when I wasn't paying attention, since it was a corridor I'd walked along earlier). The summons that I saw were Beorn and an orc captain, but I didn't have See Invisible equipped so there may have been something else there too. The crash was just a generic "Angband.exe has stopped working".
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2015, 14:16   #470
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Update 6e285e6 implements PowerWyrm's latest fixes, and attempts to fix the flicker problem - please report back on flicker status.

When it's actually up, of course.