Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old April 17, 2014, 04:15   #131
krazyhades
Swordsman

krazyhades is on a distinguished road
I use the free version of xsplit broadcaster for the most part. For premade group calls, like online tabletop rpg sessions, I use screensharing in google hangouts (and often the excellent Roll20 hangouts app). Getting the xsplit settings to a good place used to be slightly annoying and take a fair amount of testing, but my understanding is that they simplified that aspect quite a bit.

Plus, if you're planning on being up, you could join me on a call or some such tonight
krazyhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2014, 04:31   #132
krazyhades
Swordsman

Unrelatedly, I seem to have found an identification bug. I have two unidentified, no-feeling (yet) cloaks in my inventory. When I inspect them (I was checking to see if they would tell me where I found them each, as in V. They don't in this version :/ so I need to obsessively inscribe more), I noticed that one of the two cloaks' detailed descriptions let me in on a little secret: "It is cursed."

I'll leave this instance open and alone in case you have any questions to help figure it out chris, since you seem to be up.
Old April 17, 2014, 08:17   #133
Nivim
Apprentice

Nivim is on a distinguished road
I kinda thought debo would just be here with a termcasting explanation, but I guess he's doing the crawl tournament too. Sadly, I have never personally termcasted, but I hope this information is correct:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmarell
termcast[1/4]: telnet termcast.org to watch -- see the following entries for how to termcast
termcast[2/4]: On Linux: script -f >( cat ~/.ratry_login - | nc -q5 noway.ratry.ru 31337 > /dev/null ) "$@" #
termcast[3/4]: On OS X: script -t 0 >( cat ~/.ratry_login - | nc noway.ratry.ru 31337 > /dev/null )
termcast[4/4]: Where .ratry_login is one line, hello name password
Nivim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2014, 10:09   #134
krazyhades
Swordsman

On Windows, cry?
Old April 17, 2014, 11:13   #135
MarvinPA
Scout

MarvinPA is on a distinguished road
I termcast Poscheng in Cygwin on Windows, I think there is some way or other to termcast outside of Cygwin too but don't recall the details and never got it to work. OBS is pretty good free streaming software if you want to try that, also (and was less resource-intensive than XSplit last time I looked if that makes a difference).
MarvinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2014, 22:15   #136
fred
Rookie

fred is on a distinguished road
Necromancer power - 'Aura of Resurrection' - only works on adjacent corpses killed by 'hand'. Implementation opens up a lot of variables, total numbers controllable through power, highest monster rating vs player rating, failure rates, etc. .
fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2014, 00:25   #137
Decimus62
Rookie

Decimus62 is on a distinguished road
I seem to have stumbled upon an odd bug for polearms masters. It appears that when a monster is auto-attacked after "[stepping] too close", if the attack kills the monster, and it drops an item (not a treasure or its corpse) into its own square, then the message "something picks up <item>" is generated and the item disappears. I don't know if this always happens under the listed circumstance but I observed it several times. Quite a fun class otherwise. I love the strong feeling of character progression the weapon-masters offer.
Decimus62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2014, 16:02   #138
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimus62 View Post
I seem to have stumbled upon an odd bug for polearms masters. It appears that when a monster is auto-attacked after "[stepping] too close", if the attack kills the monster, and it drops an item (not a treasure or its corpse) into its own square, then the message "something picks up <item>" is generated and the item disappears. I don't know if this always happens under the listed circumstance but I observed it several times. Quite a fun class otherwise. I love the strong feeling of character progression the weapon-masters offer.
Thanks. This should be fixed for next release (3.1.5).
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2014, 16:05   #139
chris
PosChengband Maintainer

chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred View Post
Necromancer power - 'Aura of Resurrection' - only works on adjacent corpses killed by 'hand'. Implementation opens up a lot of variables, total numbers controllable through power, highest monster rating vs player rating, failure rates, etc. .
What would this add to their current power of Animate Dead? Currently, the necromancer can animate any corpse with a L1 power! (This seems OP at first blush, but then, you can only animate what you can kill so it works out OK).
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18, 2014, 17:52   #140
fred
Rookie

fred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
What would this add to their current power of Animate Dead? Currently, the necromancer can animate any corpse with a L1 power! (This seems OP at first blush, but then, you can only animate what you can kill so it works out OK).
Power was a wrong choice of word on my part. I was thinking more like an elemental aura, something that would have a chance work automatically, without using a player game turn.
fred is offline   Reply With Quote