Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old June 21, 2011, 23:30   #121
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
A feeling of death flows throughout your body. -more- You have no more Black Potions of Life. -more- You are dead.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2011, 23:37   #122
Max Stats
Swordsman

Max Stats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
A feeling of death flows throughout your body. -more- You have no more Black Potions of Life. -more- You are dead.
With your final breath, you summon the strength to mutter: "Oh, the irony!"
Max Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2011, 00:59   #123
nobody
Apprentice

nobody is on a distinguished road
the problem with no-sell is that i really like selling. the problem with id by use on potions and scrolls, is often you can't tell what they are unless you try them whilst affected by the status they fix, or in certain situations, which is just dumb to me. i know no-sell doesn't automatically mean you have to id by use, but screw giving stuff away. (to fake people in a game at least) as for being a bad player, i just am, regardless of playing sell or no-sell, and i'm fine with it.
nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2011, 01:11   #124
Raxmei
Apprentice

Raxmei is on a distinguished road
I certainly wouldn't *complain* if ID by use got more reliable. I can live with what we already have but there are some annoying bits.
Raxmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2011, 12:34   #125
Icon
Rookie

Icon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
I thought everybody avoided being burned by Summon Monster (or Summon Undead) by making sure they were standing on a staircase before reading any untried scrolls. One day d_m will fix monster energy so that summons are guaranteed not to move before @ gets a turn, and then all will be fine ;-) (at the moment it only happens about 2-5% of the time anyway).
Well that was my technique for using wands of polymorph to speed levelling back in my Moria days.
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2011, 11:39   #126
Raggy
Apprentice

Raggy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Carry more arrows, then.
Well its impossible. I buy up the 99 arrows the general store stacks, and the few arrows (if any) the weapon shop have.

I always run out of ammo first, than any of the other consumables I as a ranger carry.

I feel that the 33% (?) break rate of arrows are to often, or the shops need to carry more arrows.

Of course I could switch to a crossbow, but I rarely find any which are better than the bows I find, so I opt for more damage.
Raggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2011, 16:31   #127
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Wow, you must be using your arrows to kill everything then. Even when I play a ranger I use melee for most monsters, just because the tedium of retrieving ammo after each fight is wearing otherwise.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2011, 16:56   #128
nobody
Apprentice

nobody is on a distinguished road
yeah, thats probably what happens. myself, i usually only arrow to death shrooms, jellys, things like that, and arrow to weaken strong things. weak things that won't hurt my equipment, stats, or status get meleed
nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2011, 21:11   #129
Netbrian
Adept

Netbrian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wow, you must be using your arrows to kill everything then. Even when I play a ranger I use melee for most monsters, just because the tedium of retrieving ammo after each fight is wearing otherwise.
I wish that there were magnetic arrows that I could just cast a spell to collect or something.
Netbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2011, 22:52   #130
Raxmei
Apprentice

Raxmei is on a distinguished road
To think Angband's inventory management used to be less friendly to archery. I normally go mostly melee anyway, but then I've never gotten terribly far with Rangers.
Raxmei is offline   Reply With Quote