Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old April 23, 2021, 01:53   #221
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
I noticed that (Dwarven) body armor can have Stealth bonus. Is this intentional? If yes, why? I thought Dwarves are known for being unstealthy

Also, 'Dasai', while 'terrible', it does not have a curse that sticks to the player...by default...?

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; April 23, 2021 at 02:40.
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2021, 04:18   #222
Sideways
Knight

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
I noticed that (Dwarven) body armor can have Stealth bonus. Is this intentional? If yes, why? I thought Dwarves are known for being unstealthy
Dwarves were master craftsmen, and while they themselves were unstealthy that wasn't necessarily because of their body armor. Remember that Bilbo's mithril chain mail (which gives +2 Stealth) was dwarven-made.

That said, -Stealth isn't unusual on Dwarven body armor either.

Quote:
Also, 'Dasai', while 'terrible', it does not have a curse that sticks to the player...by default...?
I think that's because a_info.txt specifies Dasai as having a cost of 0. (The cost values as specified in a_info.txt are now almost completely obsolete; causing a few additional artifacts to pseudo-ID as terrible is their only remaining effect.)
Old April 28, 2021, 06:45   #223
Thraalbee
Knight

Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
Is there a way for a berserker to take off a perma cursed item? town people won't read a mundanity for me...
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2021, 12:24   #224
Sideways
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraalbee View Post
Is there a way for a berserker to take off a perma cursed item? town people won't read a mundanity for me...
Don't think so. My intuition was that having the item blasted by a chaos patron might help, but it seems that doesn't remove the perma-curse.
Old April 28, 2021, 15:58   #225
Thraalbee
Knight

Thraalbee is on a distinguished road
Wink

It would be so nice if you could pay a scribe a stupid amount of gold to read a scroll for you. But then again, Berserkers are just that, and this would be a deviation from a rather pure (and successful) design
Thraalbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2021, 06:03   #226
AwooWolfWoof
Rookie

AwooWolfWoof is on a distinguished road
How many quests can you get in coffee break mode guys? There's of course the theives, wargs, and the orcs (I died to the last one as a level 19 android mauler. Probably too low leveled and a bit underequipped I guess.) And certain quests appear on certain floor to kill a unique I think.

And lastly, do stat up potions drop on coffee break mode?
AwooWolfWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2021, 08:37   #227
Sideways
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwooWolfWoof View Post
How many quests can you get in coffee break mode guys? There's of course the theives, wargs, and the orcs (I died to the last one as a level 19 android mauler. Probably too low leveled and a bit underequipped I guess.) And certain quests appear on certain floor to kill a unique I think.

And lastly, do stat up potions drop on coffee break mode?
Coffee-break mode has four main quest lines (Castle, Inn, Thieves' Guild, Trump Tower) with a total of 24 town quests, plus the 10 level guardians, plus the three node quests, plus Oberon and the Serpent; so up to 39 quests in theory if you do Spawning Pits and every node quest. Instant-coffee mode has 10 town quests, plus the level guardians and p/J. Neither mode has any limitation on stat potion drops (instant-coffee mode has special drop rules for healing potions).
Old April 29, 2021, 16:16   #228
AwooWolfWoof
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Coffee-break mode has four main quest lines (Castle, Inn, Thieves' Guild, Trump Tower) with a total of 24 town quests, plus the 10 level guardians, plus the three node quests, plus Oberon and the Serpent; so up to 39 quests in theory if you do Spawning Pits and every node quest. Instant-coffee mode has 10 town quests, plus the level guardians and p/J. Neither mode has any limitation on stat potion drops (instant-coffee mode has special drop rules for healing potions).
Thanks for the reply . When playing as a weaponsmith, are the items worth disenchanting/taking essence from the one of good quality and above?

Last edited by AwooWolfWoof; April 29, 2021 at 16:26.
Old April 29, 2021, 16:55   #229
Sideways
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwooWolfWoof View Post
Thanks for the reply . When playing as a weaponsmith, are the items worth disenchanting/taking essence from the one of good quality and above?
Not entirely sure what you mean here; but in general, if you think you might equip the item at some point, don't absorb the essences on it yet; otherwise, do absorb them. (Note that destroying an item also absorbs its essences.)
Old April 29, 2021, 17:27   #230
AwooWolfWoof
Rookie

Yep, that's the answer I was looking for Looking back, my question was a bit poorly worded x)

Tags
frogcomposband