AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old September 4, 2011, 20:28   #41
nppangband
NPPAngband Maintainer

nppangband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Yes. It would be most helpful if you could patch against the "staging" branch of the official repository: http://github.com/angband/angband/tree/staging. Failing that, patching against the latest dev version from http://rephial.org/nightlies will be next best.Indeed - many thanks in advance for the patch. Thanks also for raising the point about tiles - we've finally got all four existing tile sets fully up-to-date (many thanks to Buzzkill), so I don't think we'll be adding monsters for which there are no tiles - but hopefully we can re-use several of the angel tiles.
I am (finally) working on this. I guess the source is montly a giant search and replace for angel. But I can't confirm this because makefile.win doesn't seem to work. With the command line "make -f makefile.win" I get the following error when compiling with cygwin.

cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-missing-field-initializers"
make: *** [attack.o] error 1.
nppangband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4, 2011, 20:47   #42
Shockbolt
Knight

Shockbolt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Shockbolt
would appreciated greatly if someone of you could post a list with names and descriptions for the replacement npc's, when they've been decided
Old September 4, 2011, 21:06   #43
nppangband
NPPAngband Maintainer

nppangband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockbolt View Post
would appreciated greatly if someone of you could post a list with names and descriptions for the replacement npc's, when they've been decided
I am just going to do some basic replacements. NPP has 40+ creatures for the deep levels to the game, all Ainu/Maiar themed that could be added, but I think on the last page of this thread the dev team did not want to do this because of the tileset changes that would have to happen.

I will list all the changes so the devteam can sort out what they want and what they don't (for example, not that the A symbol is for Ainu/Maiar, Sauraman, Sauron, and Morgoth should be the A symbol, but I will make note of it in case the devteam doesn't want that change).
nppangband is offline   Reply With Quote