Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old December 10, 2015, 04:18   #11
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
I went ahead and implemented my proposed nexus effect -- a temporary (timered) complete scrambling of the player's stats, unless they save, every time they get hit by nexus, in addition to the normal teleportation effects. I created a pull request, and you can see the specific change in my repository if you want to try to implement something similar (or completely different). Warning: may be buggy; my only testing was with a human warrior in the town.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2015, 12:58   #12
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
I went ahead and implemented my proposed nexus effect -- a temporary (timered) complete scrambling of the player's stats, unless they save, every time they get hit by nexus, in addition to the normal teleportation effects. I created a pull request, and you can see the specific change in my repository if you want to try to implement something similar (or completely different). Warning: may be buggy; my only testing was with a human warrior in the town.
That looks good on the face of it. I have also had a bit of a rethink, and am probably coming around to preferring (possibly some modification of) your timed effect.

In fact (in a turn of events which is probably not altogether surprising given my past history) I've had a bit of a rethink about a number of the high elements, and will start a new thread about it.