Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Looking good. Looking very good.
Old September 3, 2010, 10:15   #42
Hajo
Adept

Hajo is on a distinguished road
Thanks I'll try to make quartz veins next, also touch up the existing walls a bit.
Old September 3, 2010, 11:04   #43
Hajo
Adept

First version of quartz veins, and slightly touched up magma veins.

Old September 8, 2010, 22:59   #44
Hajo
Adept

I'm currently trying to integrate my code with a newer Angband version. There really has changed a lot since 2.9.3. But I hope it will be worth the effort.
Old September 9, 2010, 11:59   #45
Hajo
Adept

I've been experimenting with UnAngband 0.6.4a a bit, and after some hours of patching I've got the iso view working with it. Most of what this preview shows are replacement images. I have no sand, grass, water or any of the other UnAngbandish terrain features yet. And there are a lot of unassigned images (all the $ and the other character things).

But I think it looks very promising - I mean there is huge potential here with all the details that UnAngband offers, and I'd like to work more on it. I have emailed Andrew, but haven't received an answer yet. I hope he will be alright with what I'm doing.
Old September 9, 2010, 13:50   #46
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
There was a time I considered working on a 32x32 tileset for Un, but the sheer number of terrain types and monsters (as well as my chronic non-finishing of projects) scared me off. Good luck with this. ISO-Un sounds (and looks) cool.
Old September 9, 2010, 15:57   #47
nppangband
NPPAngband Maintainer

nppangband is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo View Post
I've been experimenting with UnAngband 0.6.4a a bit, and after some hours of patching I've got the iso view working with it. Most of what this preview shows are replacement images. I have no sand, grass, water or any of the other UnAngbandish terrain features yet. And there are a lot of unassigned images (all the $ and the other character things).

But I think it looks very promising - I mean there is huge potential here with all the details that UnAngband offers, and I'd like to work more on it. I have emailed Andrew, but haven't received an answer yet. I hope he will be alright with what I'm doing.
Looks amazing. I think UN has 500 terrain types and 1000+ monsters, but this would be a big achievement for Angband.
nppangband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2010, 16:00   #48
nppangband
NPPAngband Maintainer

nppangband is on a distinguished road
And I am drooling over the prospect of being able to add this to NPP. You say this was only a couple hours of coding?
nppangband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2010, 16:35   #49
Hajo
Adept

Yes, for this screenshot I think it's been 5 or 6 hours, including two or so hours just to get UnAngband compiled with my stone-age compiler.

The biggest problem was that the new Angband code can do much more color tricks and I had to learn how this works. Also the "center view on player" option did not quite work as the iso view would have liked. But there are still too many interdependencies that could/should be cleaned up.

Andrew answered my Email and suggested I should look into NPPAngband. At the moment it is really difficult for me to make a choice among the variants, and I seriously can only work on one at a time - but there should be a huge overlap in the needed graphics.

Maybe it's too early right now to try integration with other variants yet, but if you do, I'll try to help. I should clean up my code better though before, and also comment it better.
Old September 9, 2010, 20:43   #50
Hajo
Adept

I've improvised some weeds/vegetables, a dirt tile, water and overall tried to cleanup the code a bit.

Town level works now fairly clean and I think it should be easier from now, that the basics are in place.