Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > The real world > Oook!

Old November 28, 2013, 02:09   #1
HugoTheGreat2011
Knight

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
[Suggestion] Edit/Delete function for comments to ladder dumps

I think there should be an EDIT/DELETE function for ladder comments. Recently, I inadvertently posted a comment on the wrong character. I wanted to delete the wrong comment, otherwise it would confuse players. But instead, I had to make an additional post explaining that I posted on the wrong character.

Here's an example that just happened earlier:
I accidentally posted an update for my Hugo$oul 491 character onto Hugo$oul 527's dated 28.11.2013 02:05 by mistake. The portion starting with [clvl:28][body: Aklash][Telmora][2:58]...was directed to Hugo$oul 491. The only reason the mistake happened was because I went way too fast through the character dump/comment posting...I wanted to correct this because Hugo$oul 527 is *way more* powerful than Hugo$ou 491. I didn't want the wrong comments to cause confusion.

At other times, I tend to make typos and unintentionally omit words on ladder comments.

What do you guys think of the ladder comment edit/delete function?

Last edited by HugoTheGreat2011; November 28, 2013 at 02:18.
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2013, 17:39   #2
MattB
Veteran

MattB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
I think there should be an EDIT/DELETE function for ladder comments. Recently, I inadvertently posted a comment on the wrong character. I wanted to delete the wrong comment, otherwise it would confuse players. But instead, I had to make an additional post explaining that I posted on the wrong character.

Here's an example that just happened earlier:
I accidentally posted an update for my Hugo$oul 491 character onto Hugo$oul 527's dated 28.11.2013 02:05 by mistake. The portion starting with [clvl:28][body: Aklash][Telmora][2:58]...was directed to Hugo$oul 491. The only reason the mistake happened was because I went way too fast through the character dump/comment posting...I wanted to correct this because Hugo$oul 527 is *way more* powerful than Hugo$ou 491. I didn't want the wrong comments to cause confusion.

At other times, I tend to make typos and unintentionally omit words on ladder comments.

What do you guys think of the ladder comment edit/delete function?
I must admit that the only characters I post are for competitions, but this sounds sensible to me.

(FWIW)
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote