Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > The real world > Oook!

Old March 15, 2016, 16:55   #1
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Past characters showing as "updated"

Any idea why past characters are showing as "updated" on the ladder and the competition ladder?
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2016, 09:47   #2
PowerWyrm
Veteran

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe Ingweron View Post
Any idea why past characters are showing as "updated" on the ladder and the competition ladder?
In recent ladder dumps, all special characters are "eaten" (at least this is the case for PWMAngband dumps), so you have "Nr" instead of "Nar" and so on. I guess the encoding format for dumps has changed. I think only Unicode format will be able to display those special characters properly.
Old March 17, 2016, 02:50   #3
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
In recent ladder dumps, all special characters are "eaten" (at least this is the case for PWMAngband dumps), so you have "Nr" instead of "Nar" and so on. I guess the encoding format for dumps has changed. I think only Unicode format will be able to display those special characters properly.
I'm not sure that explains it. The "updated" tag is on some, but not all of past characters across several versions of Angband, on both the Competition Ladder and the regular Ladder. E.g., the current comp, shows Nick, Estie, and my first attempt as "updated". If you look at the list of my past characters on the regular ladder, there are dozens showing as updated.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; March 17, 2016 at 10:40.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2016, 18:07   #4
budswell
Apprentice

budswell is on a distinguished road
Yep, 164 / 167 of my ladder entries are showing as updated.
Cannot figure out what is special about the other 3.
budswell is offline   Reply With Quote