Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2009, 20:47   #1
PowerDiver
Prophet
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,712
PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
teleport level in ironman

There may or may not be an inconsistency in ironman in 3.1.1. Deep descent works, dropping the character 2 dLevels. However, teleport level does nothing.

Should deep descent work in Ironman?

Should teleport level work at all in ironman?

I can see having teleport level (0) not work, (1) unchanged from standard, (2) always teleport downwards, or even (3) teleport 50-50 up vs down, but the up attempt fails.

My order preference is 2-3-0-1, but I can see arguments in favor of each of them.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2009, 20:50   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,057
Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
There may or may not be an inconsistency in ironman in 3.1.1. Deep descent works, dropping the character 2 dLevels. However, teleport level does nothing.

Should deep descent work in Ironman?

Should teleport level work at all in ironman?

I can see having teleport level (0) not work, (1) unchanged from standard, (2) always teleport downwards, or even (3) teleport 50-50 up vs down, but the up attempt fails.

My order preference is 2-3-0-1, but I can see arguments in favor of each of them.
How many times did you test it? I think it's 50-50 up/down, with the up disabled - i.e. 50-50 nothing/down.

IMO it should always take you down a level, and always work. Deep Descent should work also.

CC
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2009, 21:23   #3
Nolendil
Adept
 
Nolendil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 171
Donated: 10 euro
Nolendil is on a distinguished road
I believe Teleport Level always teleports you downward from the town and upward at dlvl 99 (if Sauron is not killed) and at dlvl 100 (if Morgoth is not killed), with no failure.
So it seems consistent that it should always work downward in ironman.
__________________
A(3.2.0) C "Angdiira II" DP L:36 DL:44(2200') A+ R+ Sp w:Whip of Westernesse(+10,+10)(+2)
A Mx H- D c-- f- PV+ s- d P++ M+
C- S-- I So B++ ac GHB- SQ+ RQ++ V+
Nolendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2009, 23:31   #4
PowerDiver
Prophet
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,712
PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
How many times did you test it? I think it's 50-50 up/down, with the up disabled - i.e. 50-50 nothing/down.
Instead of testing, I checked the code, after one "nothing happens" message. It is currently fully disabled in ironman.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2019, 19:43   #5
AndyS
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 60
AndyS is on a distinguished road
I cant seem to find the answer to this question. I have forced descent on, no return to town etc. I think I read a playthrough where a guy read an unidentified tp level scroll, and was relieved when he was sent up because if it had sent him down he would have lost.

Whats the rule on these (if they even work anymore)? I have a couple of scrolls Id like to read but am afraid of teleport level. I know if I get a bunch more it wont be that, but Im already having to sacrifice stuff, Id like to ID them soon. I'm assuming DD is ok, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also why are the up stairs still being generated? Do they just not work? Im not going to try one to find out.

Ironman is fun. Makes you appreciate items. I never imagined willingly drinking a sleep potion but had some gloves I strongly suspected had FA. Even poison could be useful though probably not at the cost of a slot, there are plenty of poisonous monsters around to test items. Rings and wands I ignored in the past Im glad to have in the early game.
AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2019, 20:10   #6
Sphara
Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Finland
Posts: 191
Sphara is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
I cant seem to find the answer to this question. I have forced descent on, no return to town etc. I think I read a playthrough where a guy read an unidentified tp level scroll, and was relieved when he was sent up because if it had sent him down he would have lost.

Whats the rule on these (if they even work anymore)? I have a couple of scrolls Id like to read but am afraid of teleport level. I know if I get a bunch more it wont be that, but Im already having to sacrifice stuff, Id like to ID them soon. I'm assuming DD is ok, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also why are the up stairs still being generated? Do they just not work? Im not going to try one to find out.

Ironman is fun. Makes you appreciate items. I never imagined willingly drinking a sleep potion but had some gloves I strongly suspected had FA. Even poison could be useful though probably not at the cost of a slot, there are plenty of poisonous monsters around to test items. Rings and wands I ignored in the past Im glad to have in the early game.
If you have forced descent on, teleport level will always sink you down one dungeon level. No exceptions, unless you read it on D98, D99 or D100, there is no effect. I don't know what happens if you read it on D100 after killing Morgy but that really does not matter (at least for me it doesn't).

Last edited by Sphara; January 24, 2019 at 20:15.
Sphara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2019, 20:15   #7
AndyS
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 60
AndyS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphara View Post
If you have forced descent on, teleport level will always sink you down one dungeon level. No exceptions. If you read it on D98, D99 or D100, there is no effect. I don't know what happens if you read it on D100 after killing Morgy but that really does not matter (at least for me it doesn't).
Excellent, thank you for replying so quickly, my pack keeps overflowing
AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ironman? Fenrir Vanilla 8 May 9, 2009 08:58
Bug! Teleport level works in ironman Riun Vanilla 4 March 19, 2009 17:58
The Saga of Bondas the Ironman Sideways AAR 4 November 17, 2008 20:01
[Un] .. sometimes you better do not teleport .. Arralen AAR 1 August 18, 2008 23:11
[Z] Anyone ever beat the nightmare or ironman modes? quaxocal Variants 8 July 26, 2007 20:18


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.