Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2019, 11:55   #501
Sphara
Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Finland
Posts: 191
Sphara is on a distinguished road
After dying, angband.live doesn't start a new game UNLESS I press that delete&download savefile first. This also sets birth options back to default so I need to remember to change them every time now.

EDIT: Uh, regular save files don't load either

Last edited by Sphara; June 15, 2019 at 13:55.
Sphara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2019, 15:21   #502
Diego Gonzalez
Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 62
Diego Gonzalez is on a distinguished road
Found a bug in the latest nightlies (460). The game throws a parse error after launching a randart character for the second time. Line 7 in randart.txt I think.
Diego Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2019, 00:21   #503
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 54
Posts: 7,849
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Gonzalez View Post
Found a bug in the latest nightlies (460). The game throws a parse error after launching a randart character for the second time. Line 7 in randart.txt I think.
Was it an existing character before the update? If so, me adding a new artifact might have done that. I can have a look at the save (and randart file) if you like.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2019, 00:56   #504
Kusunose
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
Kusunose is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Was it an existing character before the update? If so, me adding a new artifact might have done that. I can have a look at the save (and randart file) if you like.
I have tested with a new character. Here are the error message and the offending line.

Message:
>src/angband: Parse error in randart line 7 column 1.
randart.txt
>info:5:5:10000

The problem is that the artifact text format and the parser is updated in the recent change but randart text output routine (write_randart_entry) is not updated accordingly.
https://github.com/angband/angband/c...8346e02ffc2800
Kusunose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2019, 01:11   #505
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 54
Posts: 7,849
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusunose View Post
I have tested with a new character. Here are the error message and the offending line.

Message:
>src/angband: Parse error in randart line 7 column 1.
randart.txt
>info:5:5:10000

The problem is that the artifact text format and the parser is updated in the recent change but randart text output routine (write_randart_entry) is not updated accordingly.
https://github.com/angband/angband/c...8346e02ffc2800
Oh, of course, thanks; I'll do a fix and get it out.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2019, 01:26   #506
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 54
Posts: 7,849
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
OK, fix pushed and building; I'll post on the prep for 4.2 thread (which is meant to replace this one as the "current issues" thread) when it's done.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Master of Magic TJS Idle chatter 5 August 14, 2017 14:44
Issues on current master Nick Vanilla 277 June 18, 2017 23:30
Bugs and complaints on current master Nick Vanilla 588 April 27, 2017 23:54
Master Thief Grotug Idle chatter 1 March 27, 2017 00:54
Artifacts in 3.2 (Master List) Tregonsee Vanilla 8 March 6, 2011 12:33


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.