Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old May 25, 2009, 04:58   #1
Slick
Scout

Slick is on a distinguished road
r1414 possible bugs

I have never downloaded a "nightly" until r1414 and am not sure if these are already known but here they are anyway:

1) Under the options "=" menu, there no longer is the "S" option for managing squelch options, but it is still available by selecting "S".

2) When managing sqelch options as above, the "Q"uality option seems broken in that if I select to squelch "average" items of any kind, what used to be "good" or sometimes better are also squelched, such as (+x, +y) and I've even seen "Blessed" get squelched when only "average" is selected.

3) If a weapon gains an additional slay from an elemental ring, the displayed text sometimes doesn't match the attack. Example, wearing ring of ice and wielding Gurthang: "Your Bloodstone ring of ice grows cold! You burn the Olog...Your Bloodstone ring of ice grows cold! You poison the Giant fire ant."
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 03:55   #2
Slick
Scout

Slick is on a distinguished road
4) Amulet of Resist Lightning does not show up as resisting "Elec" on the "C"haracter page 2 of 2.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2009, 16:56   #3
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I have never downloaded a "nightly" until r1414 and am not sure if these are already known but here they are anyway:

1) Under the options "=" menu, there no longer is the "S" option for managing squelch options, but it is still available by selecting "S".
Er. On my options menu it's between "Subwindow display settings" and "Set base delay factor".
Quote:
2) When managing sqelch options as above, the "Q"uality option seems broken in that if I select to squelch "average" items of any kind, what used to be "good" or sometimes better are also squelched, such as (+x, +y) and I've even seen "Blessed" get squelched when only "average" is selected.
This is a known bug-in-progress, related to ID-by-use. Your #4 is also one of these.
Quote:
3) If a weapon gains an additional slay from an elemental ring, the displayed text sometimes doesn't match the attack. Example, wearing ring of ice and wielding Gurthang: "Your Bloodstone ring of ice grows cold! You burn the Olog...Your Bloodstone ring of ice grows cold! You poison the Giant fire ant."
This has been reported before, but not fixed. Basically the game gets confused if more than one brand is applicable to a single hit. I'll open a ticket for this when the tracker is back up.

Thanks for the reports.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote