Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old September 8, 2017, 04:40   #291
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
On another variant, any chance Z+Angband can be included on the webserver? This is an actual variant of Z 2.7.x.
Old September 9, 2017, 05:56   #292
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Gwarl, just a reminder... please load my lore.txt file from vanilla to Angband development (or alternatively, copy monster.txt), and, if possible, while you're at it, also the .prf file so that I don't have to redo all the keymaps. Thanks.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2017, 21:51   #293
Gwarl
Knight

Gwarl will become famous soon enough
Ingwe: done

Working on ToME2.4.0-ah next
Gwarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2017, 01:17   #294
Estie
Veteran

Estie is on a distinguished road
Is there anyone who is regularly playing with a non-standard keyboard layout ? I really would love to find a way to cope, but cant, so short of Gwarl fixing the issue, I would like to know how others deal with it.
Estie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2017, 02:11   #295
HugoTheGreat2011
Veteran

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estie View Post
Is there anyone who is regularly playing with a non-standard keyboard layout ? I really would love to find a way to cope, but cant, so short of Gwarl fixing the issue, I would like to know how others deal with it.
Estie, what issues are you having? So, you're using non-standard keyboard layout? If so, what are you using?
Old September 10, 2017, 02:19   #296
Estie
Veteran

I have a german "kezboard" and the game on my computer has no problem recognizing the keys, the chat window on the server displays the correct keys, only the games on the server dont. I have to switch to english layout every time i make a macro or engrave something, and switch back after, which naturally leads to mistakes and consequently character death.
Old September 10, 2017, 11:11   #297
Bostock
Swordsman

Bostock is on a distinguished road
Be cosmopolitan, add an English layout and learn the switch keys

(I do this as a frequent user of a Czech keyboard. Have Linux's awesome both-Shifts-to-switch-keyboards shortcut set up using Autohotkey.)
Old September 10, 2017, 13:25   #298
Estie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostock View Post
Be cosmopolitan, add an English layout and learn the switch keys

(I do this as a frequent user of a Czech keyboard. Have Linux's awesome both-Shifts-to-switch-keyboards shortcut set up using Autohotkey.)
Thats how I managed to play at all, but between no confirmation when making macros, having to learn the new keys and no way to see which state the toggle is on (i.e. english or german keyboard), I just couldnt get to a point where the damn keys did what I expected them to do. So after 2 days of playing and a dozen character deaths caused by unexpected game behaviour I gave up.
Old September 10, 2017, 16:02   #299
Sideways
Knight

Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estie View Post
I play on a Finnish keyboard and I'm coping, but I understand the pain. By doing what you did (repeatedly switching between a Finnish layout and an English layout) I managed to create keymaps and keymap my way around keys that didn't work or produced unexpected results; I have Y keymapped to \[, O keymapped to ], Z keymapped to \{ and non-numpad keys 1 through 9 keymapped to +1 through +9, so I don't have to toggle layouts while I play.

It's not quite the perfect solution - there's still some combo of keys that makes everything go wrong really spectacularly, and I haven't actually figured out yet what that key combo is, I've just pressed it by accident - but I can now play my normal game on a Finnish layout, just with some extra keymaps; and while the keymapping was certainly annoying, at least I only had to do it once. (Gwarl kindly copied my keymaps from 4.1.0 to nightly.)

I can see it being much more annoying if you needed different keymaps for different characters or regularly wanted to update your keymaps mid-game, which I didn't; but even then, after the extra annoyance and extra painful keymapping, you should eventually be able to play on a German layout without losing games to keys not doing what you think they should.

Last edited by Sideways; September 10, 2017 at 16:09.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2017, 20:03   #300
Gwarl
Knight

Gwarl will become famous soon enough
Hengband 1.6.2 is up. Couldn't get hold of the source for any newer releases.

if anyone can explain to me how to get a download from here:
https://osdn.net/projects/hengband/s...bd9bd148123d52

I'll give 2.2.0 a try
Gwarl is offline   Reply With Quote