Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old July 17, 2018, 13:58   #251
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaypy View Post
Just found a lockup glitch on the feature branch. I thought I should raise it here because it doesnt seem newclass specific:

linux/sdl: cast a projectile spell. use mouse click to aim it outside of the map bounds. user input is locked and game process must be externally killed

I'll go grab a copy of 412 and double check I can really reproduce it here in a minute
Yep, that's a bug in 4.1.2 - looks like insufficient bounds checking in targeting.
Old July 21, 2018, 11:22   #252
Carg
Rookie

Carg is on a distinguished road
crash on windows

I seem to have a similar problem as the freeze on Linux: on Windows 10-64, version 4.1.2, I regularly get crashes when casting spells. With crash I mean the application terminating unexpectedly, without any message.
This mostly seems to happen when a (mage) spell beams (lightning bolt, sometimes magic missile). It could very well happen when it hits a(nother) monster beyond the visible map area, although I don't think it happens all the time - then the crashes would be more common I think.

Update 30/7: I've had no more crashes after reporting this - perhaps something with my graphics driver that got fixed by rebooting? Still, if a beam leaves the visible area, it takes longer than seems necessary, but that is no biggie.

Last edited by Carg; July 30, 2018 at 07:39.
Carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2018, 17:06   #253
spara
Adept

spara is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
  • Rubble tiles are improved - followed PowerWyrm's suggestions for Shockbolt tiles, and changed the Gervais tiles (a first for me!) in line with spara's requests
Thanks for fixing this. Is there some logical reason for the background of the rubble(s) always being black?

Edit: Here are my modifications to the new rubble tiles, if these are of some use or interest. First I brought the dark bits back to keep the cartoonish look instead of washed look. And then I added the standard backgrounds with three shades of gray:
Click image for larger version

Name:	rubble_with_bg.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	1658

Last edited by spara; July 21, 2018 at 17:40.
spara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2018, 20:44   #254
spara
Adept

@ learned the runes of RFire and RCold by wearing a wholly unIDd robe (with those runes) and eating a Mushroom of Emergency. That probably should not happen.
Old July 21, 2018, 23:24   #255
luneya
Adept

luneya is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spara View Post
@ learned the runes of RFire and RCold by wearing a wholly unIDd robe (with those runes) and eating a Mushroom of Emergency. That probably should not happen.
At present, gaining temporary resist does cause you to learn the rune if you have anything with the permanent resist equipped. I presume that this is an intended feature rather than a bug. Remember that all of the resist sources (temporary or permanent) represent magical properties that protect you from the elements. Armor of resist cold is not a down jacket, and armor of resist fire is not Nomex. Given that all the resists are magical, it sort of makes sense that when you quaff a potion of resist fire, it would cause some detectable magical resonance with your armor of resist fire.
luneya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2018, 23:37   #256
spara
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by luneya View Post
At present, gaining temporary resist does cause you to learn the rune if you have anything with the permanent resist equipped. I presume that this is an intended feature rather than a bug. Remember that all of the resist sources (temporary or permanent) represent magical properties that protect you from the elements. Armor of resist cold is not a down jacket, and armor of resist fire is not Nomex. Given that all the resists are magical, it sort of makes sense that when you quaff a potion of resist fire, it would cause some detectable magical resonance with your armor of resist fire.
If it's a feature, no problem. However, my first impression was that it was non-intentional since I kind of assumed that runic magic is totally different from potion magic, scroll magic and book magic. Which of course might indicate that there's a non-intuitive mechanic here. Or maybe it's just me