Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10, 2018, 02:41   #31
Mocht
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 263
Mocht is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauzentBlitz View Post
My alchemist is gaining temporary telepathy every time I look at a potion of enlightenment? Noticed it when I first examined one in the black market.
Looks like something has gone wrong with telepathy, with the cloak of Jack of Shadows I was aware of quylthugs and rotting quylthugs
Now that I think of it, perhaps what we are noticing is intended
Mocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2018, 12:31   #32
Sideways
Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 190
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauzentBlitz View Post
My alchemist is gaining temporary telepathy every time I look at a potion of enlightenment? Noticed it when I first examined one in the black market.
That is definitely not supposed to happen, thanks for reporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocht View Post
Looks like something has gone wrong with telepathy, with the cloak of Jack of Shadows I was aware of quylthugs and rotting quylthugs
Now that I think of it, perhaps what we are noticing is intended
This is not supposed to happen either; but I can't reproduce it, except with the quylthulgs in LOS obviously, or in wizard mode, or (in the case of the rotting quylthulgs) a different item that gives ~Evil. Can you post a savefile where it happens, or report the exact circumstances where it happens with the quylthulgs not in LOS (and without a more specific applicable telepathy like ~Evil)? Which options had you changed from defaults?
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.

Last edited by Sideways; June 10, 2018 at 12:38.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2018, 12:48   #33
Mocht
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 263
Mocht is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I can't reproduce it
If no-one but me has noticed then I must have been mistaken
Mocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 12:35   #34
Mocht
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 263
Mocht is on a distinguished road
In a vault I found "Paper armour of Elvenkind [4, +22] (+3) {Sl;AcElFiCoCaDi}", is that a bug
Mocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 14:54   #35
Sideways
Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 190
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocht View Post
In a vault I found "Paper armour of Elvenkind [4, +22] (+3) {Sl;AcElFiCoCaDi}", is that a bug
Nothing there looks like a bug. If you mean the second high resist, that's not unusual at deep levels.
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 15:00   #36
Mocht
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 263
Mocht is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Nothing there looks like a bug. If you mean the second high resist, that's not unusual at deep levels.
I've never seen a second high resist on elvenkind armour, looks like I normally autodestroy them before that phenomena occurs
Mocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 16:42   #37
CyclopsSlayer
Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 176
CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
Bug?

Started a Ninja.
Always before the limits on armor weight have been 10+(Level*0.4) pounds.
As a 22 Ninja that says I should be able to wear 18.8 pounds before 'Heavy Armor'. BUT, under Mango I am getting the heavy armor alert at 17 pounds. Has the formula changed?

Character found here - Whisper
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 19:16   #38
wobbly
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,218
wobbly is on a distinguished road
Dark bolt in death 3 does less damage for more mana then nether bolt in death 2. This used to be balanced by everything resisting nether. Now just about everything that resists nether also resists dark & the spell was always a pain to start with from the loss of sight.
wobbly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 19:40   #39
Sideways
Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 190
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
Started a Ninja.
Always before the limits on armor weight have been 10+(Level*0.4) pounds.
As a 22 Ninja that says I should be able to wear 18.8 pounds before 'Heavy Armor'. BUT, under Mango I am getting the heavy armor alert at 17 pounds. Has the formula changed?

Character found here - Whisper
The formula changed in either strawberry or peppermint, I forget which. It's now 12.5+(level*0.2) lbs for ninjas and ninja-lawyers (other classes with weight limits, like monks and force-trainers, still use the old formula).
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 20:11   #40
CyclopsSlayer
Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 176
CyclopsSlayer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
The formula changed in either strawberry or peppermint, I forget which. It's now 12.5+(level*0.2) lbs for ninjas and ninja-lawyers (other classes with weight limits, like monks and force-trainers, still use the old formula).
Thank you. Been a while since I played a Ninja. Seems fairly crippling to Ninjas with a max armor weight at L50 of 22.5, versus 30. No DSM wearing Ninjas anymore.
CyclopsSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frogcomposband


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Announce DaJAngband 1.3.0 released will_asher Variants 6 April 13, 2011 11:11
[announce] Sangband 1.0.1 released camlost Variants 163 October 30, 2010 18:15
Announce: DaJAngband v1.1.0 released will_asher Variants 21 November 23, 2009 19:32
Announce: DaJAngband v1.0.98 Released will_asher Variants 8 June 3, 2009 18:58
Announce: DaJAngband v1.0.97 Released will_asher Variants 36 April 17, 2009 23:44


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.