AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Old April 25, 2018, 15:39   #11
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Pictures View Post
I gave Ooops 15 rations to start. Seems to be about two per level (!).
If you're clearing levels, you use a lot more food than if you dive. Half-troll warriors have no need to clear levels early on; they're entirely capable of surviving at level 1 at surprisingly deep depths.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2018, 22:02   #12
Moving Pictures
Adept

Moving Pictures is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
If you're clearing levels, you use a lot more food than if you dive. Half-troll warriors have no need to clear levels early on; they're entirely capable of surviving at level 1 at surprisingly deep depths.
Ooops died an unremarkable death early. Got hornswoggled with the old blind/confused/gang muggiing routine.

Lost a promising critter today. Tengu phased @ into a room of quasits and imps. "Oh, that's what the 8 part of 8-3 was all about!" CL 9, IIRC.

Back to half-orc. I like the setup. Paladin this time.
Moving Pictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2018, 03:16   #13
Grotug
Knight

Grotug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Pictures View Post
Got hornswoggled ...
I was about to reply that this here brilliant made up word of yours should be submitted to the OED post haste. But then I decided I best google it first, just to make sure it isn't by some dumb chance an actual real life word. Can't lie, I'm a bit surprised it is in fact a real word!

You going to do a diary for this one?
Old April 26, 2018, 12:29   #14
Moving Pictures
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotug View Post
I was about to reply that this here brilliant made up word of yours should be submitted to the OED post haste. But then I decided I best google it first, just to make sure it isn't by some dumb chance an actual real life word. Can't lie, I'm a bit surprised it is in fact a real word!
I is a perfessunnal writer, and I know words goodly.

Quote:
You going to do a diary for this one?
Nah.... though i did have fun writing up the doomed half-orc, and the nexus vortex allowed me to foreshadow what i would have done had the blighter gained some INT/WIS points.

I might do Perry, the portly perma-pickled priest, but part of doing that is that I'd need to do forced descent with recall available so the poor blighter could restock his alcohol.

Troll warrior would be good, but maybe lack detail.

"I kill seven giant. It fun. Snaga die too fast, not fun. Then hungry, so ate. Not eat giant. They tough, taste bad."

Or,

"Killed many things. Counted to twenty. Not going to count more. Get into trouble counting 21. That make many scared." Though that would only work for a male half-troll, natch.

Or stick-figure drawings until a few potions of intelligence. Hard to say. But I could see a troll warrior having grand fun beating the snot out of everything, with little regard for the fact that the whole experience is seriously deadly. (Old time hockey fans might remember Gino Odjick. If you do, then that's how I think a half-troll should live life: beating the crap out of things with a smile on its face.)
Old April 26, 2018, 13:47   #15
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Have you tried a Rogue yet, preferably kobold, HE, or some other high-stealth race?
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26, 2018, 18:57   #16
Moving Pictures
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
Have you tried a Rogue yet, preferably kobold, HE, or some other high-stealth race?
Took a Kobold rogue to the feet of Morgoth, where it was promptly pummeled into a puddle of slightly green-hued body parts.

Trying the HT warrior one more time. Dazee. Hard-dive forced descent, know flavours, option to recall but won't use it unless desperate.

Huh. "Diving Miss Dazee." (snicker) Good diary title.