Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Old February 10, 2009, 21:39   #11
bebo
Adept

bebo is on a distinguished road
I must have forgotten to detect invisible (smacks oneself!). I don't use it nearly enough, about one time everey two or three detect monsters - which apparently at that depth got me killed.

Regarding branding from rings of elements, i thought it only tripled the damage from the base dice of a weapon, not it's bonuses - that doesn't seem like such a huge improvement over +7 speed or +5 CON ? (i keep forgetting about that 550hp breakpoint, this is the second time you tell me)

Should have gone with ESP though, i guess i was too enamored with the regen and pluses to stealth and dex, doh!

EDIT: should have checked better my numbers on the branding - going from 6d5 to 6d5*3 per blow sure makes a difference! probably rings of acid et al are worth it only with weapons with base high damage though
bebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2009, 07:10   #12
Garrie
Adept

Garrie is on a distinguished road
it's a shame we can't maco detect monsters, pause to look at screen, detect invisible. Like you I often forget for a few too many dlevels to do detect traps, detect monsters, PAUSE TO LOOK, detect invisible.

I'm about 50% of deaths due to not stopping to look at the detected monsters before casting detect invisible - I usually have a good look at the invisible ones...
Old February 13, 2009, 14:44   #13
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Maybe a last known location option, leaving detected monsters visible on screen.

I'd vote for it.
Old February 13, 2009, 15:01   #14
bebo
Adept

bebo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
Maybe a last known location option, leaving detected monsters visible on screen.
that would be ace

problems would rise though when one has ESP - not being able to tell which ones are actually detected at the moment and which are remembered; a possible solution would be to display the detected/remembered monsters in a unique colour, and make sure that also in the monster list subwindow they are clearly differentiated
bebo is offline   Reply With Quote