AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old May 21, 2021, 02:42   #1
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Throwing weapons

how do you put them in the quiver, or is that only available in the dev branch?
Also, they definitely need another squelch option.

Hafted vs edged, however, no longer appears to have any effect, so that option could be replaced. Holy casters need blessed flag for the bonus.
Pete Mack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2021, 03:49   #2
backwardsEric
Swordsman

backwardsEric is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
how do you put them in the quiver, or is that only available in the dev branch?
In 4.2.2 and later, inscribing it with @v<n> where <n> is the desired quiver slot, 0 - 9, should put a throwing weapon in the quiver. In 4.2.2, that @v has to be the first occurrence of @ in the inscription; that's been relaxed in the post 4.2.2 builds. 4.2.2 also fails to recognize that it can pick up something from the ground and slot it in quiver when there isn't something in the quiver that it'll stack with and the pack is full. That should be fixed in the post 4.2.2 builds.

In 4.2.2, inscribing ammunition or a throwing weapon with @f<n> will also attempt to put in the quiver (for ammunition the inscription isn't necessary unless you want to set a preferred slot). In recent post 4.2.2 builds, that's been changed so it looks at the rogue_like_command option. If that option is set, @t<n> inscribed on ammunition or a throwing weapon will attempt to place it in the quiver. If that option is not set, @f<n> inscribed on ammunition or a throwing weapon will attempt to place it in the quiver.
backwardsEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2021, 05:05   #3
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
That's really weird--and it moves in an out of the quiver with zero energy.
I was hoping to carry a fire brand 3d6 spear for undead, stretching inventory just a bit.

Edit: this strange mechanic makes me miss true macros. I could make on to inscribe an item on the floor with @v5, and then pick it up. Inscription toggling just doesn't quite work

Last edited by Pete Mack; May 21, 2021 at 05:38.
Pete Mack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2021, 11:19   #4
wobbly
Prophet

wobbly will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsEric View Post
In 4.2.2 and later, inscribing it with @v<n> where <n> is the desired quiver slot, 0 - 9, should put a throwing weapon in the quiver. In 4.2.2, that @v has to be the first occurrence of @ in the inscription; that's been relaxed in the post 4.2.2 builds. 4.2.2 also fails to recognize that it can pick up something from the ground and slot it in quiver when there isn't something in the quiver that it'll stack with and the pack is full. That should be fixed in the post 4.2.2 builds.
When was it fixed? I had my weapon fall out of the weapon slot in master sometime during the last week. I inscribed the throwing weapon with @v1 whilst on the ground. Picked it up. It went into the quiver and the weapon I was wielding "fell out of my pack"
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2021, 17:02   #5
backwardsEric
Swordsman

backwardsEric is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
When was it fixed? I had my weapon fall out of the weapon slot in master sometime during the last week. I inscribed the throwing weapon with @v1 whilst on the ground. Picked it up. It went into the quiver and the weapon I was wielding "fell out of my pack"
The last of the changes for thrown items in the quiver was made on April 8th. What you saw looks definitely like a bug - pickup should not have been allowed. There is a known issue, https://github.com/angband/angband/issues/4666 , about the unexpected or unhandled side effects of changing an inscription on a thrown weapon in the quiver when the pack is full.
backwardsEric is offline   Reply With Quote