Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21, 2021, 05:50   #91
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 56
Posts: 9,076
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peterson View Post
First time really playing with randarts. I can accept two successive characters finding an Arkenstone with telepathy early, but two artifact stars being generated? Is that supposed to be possible?
Yes, that's fine now. Before 4.1 all randart games got exactly one each of Phial, Star and Arkenstone; now it's a random selection of those and artifact torches and lanterns.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2021, 06:12   #92
Pete Mack
Prophet
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,522
Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peterson View Post
First time really playing with randarts. I can accept two successive characters finding an Arkenstone with telepathy early, but two artifact stars being generated? Is that supposed to be possible?
It is possible, but it is astoundingly lucky to find all three by DL 22.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2021, 07:13   #93
Selkie
Swordsman
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: London
Posts: 328
Selkie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peterson View Post
First time really playing with randarts. I can accept two successive characters finding an Arkenstone with telepathy early, but two artifact stars being generated? Is that supposed to be possible?

http://angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=24659
This is the thing with playing with randarts, that's why I like it. You see your next two successive characters will find a randart lamp with +3 searching, acid resistance and activate for bless.
Selkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2021, 16:08   #94
Bill Peterson
Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Flyover country
Posts: 127
Bill Peterson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bill Peterson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Yes, that's fine now. Before 4.1 all randart games got exactly one each of Phial, Star and Arkenstone; now it's a random selection of those and artifact torches and lanterns.
Does this mean that we're limited to three artifact lights or could another Arkenstone be generated?

Incredible luck with randart lights, but I've thrown away all the randart weapons in favor of egos.
Bill Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2021, 18:11   #95
Grotug
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,445
Grotug is on a distinguished road
Recently I found two Arkenstones in the same game and both had the same bonus of Confusion protection.
__________________
Detailed account of my Ironman win here.
Grotug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2021, 21:04   #96
Hounded
Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Alberta
Posts: 110
Hounded is on a distinguished road
Call Lightning only targets lighted squares.

Not sure if this is intentional behaviour or not.

Playing a Dwarf Druid (with Infravision) and using the call lighting spell I can cast and target it upon a mob which I can "see" but is not on a lighted square. The spell doesn't execute however, just cancels the operation until I'm close enough that they're in my light radius.

By way of testing it exectues fine for MoB's in any LoS in a lit room so I presume there's something that prevents the target from being registered on darkened squares.

(4.2.3 Windows release on Ubuntu c/o WINE)
__________________
It Breathes. You die.
Hounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2021, 22:37   #97
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 56
Posts: 9,076
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peterson View Post
Does this mean that we're limited to three artifact lights or could another Arkenstone be generated?
There are no actual restrictions on the number of any kind of light. Randart generation tries to statistically mimic the standart artifact set; the most you can really say is on average you would expect to get about three artifact light sources. So getting 5 Arkenstones and nothing else isn't out of the question.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2021, 22:52   #98
Nick
Vanilla maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 56
Posts: 9,076
Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounded View Post
Not sure if this is intentional behaviour or not.

Playing a Dwarf Druid (with Infravision) and using the call lighting spell I can cast and target it upon a mob which I can "see" but is not on a lighted square. The spell doesn't execute however, just cancels the operation until I'm close enough that they're in my light radius.

By way of testing it exectues fine for MoB's in any LoS in a lit room so I presume there's something that prevents the target from being registered on darkened squares.

(4.2.3 Windows release on Ubuntu c/o WINE)
The rule is the target monster has to be in line of sight, and on a known grid - so visited or seen, and not re-darkened by a darkness spell or similar.
__________________
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reviving Iso-Angband, an isometric view addon for Angband Hajo Development 111 August 3, 2014 19:44


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.