Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > AAR

Old February 13, 2008, 04:32   #11
Shadow Knight
Rookie

Shadow Knight is on a distinguished road
Thanks man that was very specific +rep oh and CCW stands for Cure Curse wand correct?
I killed bullroarer already with my latest guy he was cake -but with my luck I will die soon lol Im level 10 I think at about dl 5 right now I stopped playing til tomarrow thanks again.

I shale tell what happens next tomarrow cheers =D
Shadow Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2008, 05:03   #12
Pete Mack
Prophet

Donated: $40
Pete Mack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Knight View Post
Thanks man that was very specific +rep oh and CCW stands for Cure Curse wand correct?
I killed bullroarer already with my latest guy he was cake -but with my luck I will die soon lol Im level 10 I think at about dl 5 right now I stopped playing tomorrow thanks again.

I shall tell what happens next tomorrow cheers =D
CCW = potion of cure critical wounds. Once you get near dl 20, they are an absolute must. And below dl 20 and below you absolutely need a source of escape (ie teleportation.)

A while ago I posted a more detailed newbie's diving exercise on rgra.

PS: tomorrow doesn't have an 'a'.
Pete Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2008, 09:32   #13
Matthias
Adept

Matthias is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Matthias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Mack View Post
PS: tomorrow doesn't have an 'a'.
Eh what? ThursdAy
Matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2008, 04:30   #14
Shadow Knight
Rookie

I got quite a bit farther today Im about level 13 I believe at about dl 10 or 11 what should I get ready for next?

Whoops I died once more lvl 14 dl about 20 I believe, its cause of that tongue dude weaking me for a dark elf mage, crappy death tried to run with a speed pot and then he did a death curse that killed him and me afterwards ouch.

Last edited by Shadow Knight; February 15, 2008 at 02:54.
Old February 15, 2008, 20:00   #15
Shadow Knight
Rookie

After making a new character and finding most of my equipment in the dungeons I died at dl 13 with cl 13 my char dump is here got into a brawl match in a hallway with like half my health missing and some values dropped not to say I got low took a berserk pot battled out and ran from a fire hound only to turn around and fight again too bad my cursed ring didn't kick in then I would still be alive lol *First dump into the ladder from me*
Old February 15, 2008, 21:40   #16
Djabanete
Knight

Djabanete is on a distinguished road
In the corridors at the door can sometimes hounds to use potions but spikes will and then it is good often when you are in the dungeon to have with you in your inventory and when you do to remember make sure in case you need on the stairs and always with uniques to drink unless the damage by the potions but always avoid the with the long fight in corridor to remember to keep an eye out for the when you are in troubles to consider all the other stuff then you will not die!

Anyway --- I couldn't quite understand what happened to your character, but I wish you better luck next time. And congrats on your first dump!
Djabanete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2008, 22:38   #17
Pete Mack
Prophet

Quote:
After making a new character and finding most of my equipment in the dungeons I died at dl 13 with cl 13 my char dump is here got into a brawl match in a hallway with like half my health missing and some values dropped not to say I got low took a berserk pot battled out and ran from a fire hound only to turn around and fight again too bad my cursed ring didn't kick in then I would still be alive lol *First dump into the ladder from me*
Hounds are tricky tactically, and you had bad luck to see fire hounds at dl 13.

In any case, 7K turns/dungeon level is pretty efficient play. You will be at 1500' and in stat gain in no time.

Pointers:

Carry CCW/CSW. If you run out, recall immediately.

And stay away from monsters that destroy your equipment and inventory. Fire Hounds are extremely bad news if you only have 1 scroll of recall, and your armor class is essentially 0 from fighting too many acid creatures. (What happened to the chain mail?)

Try a High-Elf Warrior. You'll get 4 blows with 16/16/16 distribution, and generous shopkeepers. Don't worry about character level; it's not as important as character power.
Old February 16, 2008, 21:38   #18
Shadow Knight
Rookie

which stats require 16? sorry just need to know one more slash could help =] heh
oh the chainmail I sold it in the begining for leather someone said that 0_o that was bad?
Old February 16, 2008, 22:13   #19
Pete Mack
Prophet

Quote:
which stats require 16? sorry just need to know one more slash could help =] heh
oh the chainmail I sold it in the begining for leather someone said that 0_o that was bad?
STR,DEX,CON.
With low DEX, you can't get above 3 blows for a long time. (CON doesn't actually matter much until you reach stat gain.)

You can sell the chainmail, but not if you are planning on fighting a lot of monsters. If you are really picking your fights and you use a lot of archery, AC isn't so important.
Old February 17, 2008, 20:31   #20
Shadow Knight
Rookie

HAHA I love having four hits it nice... oh and this happened earlier today I encountered

SMEAGOL!!! he couldn't even hit me it was quite lol he always missed the stole money *angry face* well first uniqe down right? oh and gotta upload the first dump of a non dead guy there we go
my char almost died when I had a bunch of o's chasing me, I got away then tryed opening a chest only to have my CON and STR drop how do i get it back up?