Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old May 5, 2011, 06:38   #1
myshkin
Angband Devteam member

myshkin is on a distinguished road
5 May 2011 development release(s)

There is a new build of the development version of Angband. (I am trying to avoid the term "nightly," for reasons that should be clear.) I've started a new thread for it so that we can retire the very lengthy old one. Changes since the 23 April 2011 build:
  • Bug fixes: Curlicues Vault layout corrected; out of depth items can no longer reduce level feelings; out of depth item creation deep in the dungeon no longer crashes the game; ego item creation now recognizes when flags are already attached to a pvals; detect invisible now detects monsters again
  • Targetting displays a path from the player to the target.
  • Monster drops are created when the monster spawns.
  • Level feeling boosts from artifacts and ego items are more consistent.
  • The game records more specifically the origin of objects lying on the floor (special room, labyrinth, cavern, pit, vault, rubble).
  • Refactoring related to object flags, to the test harness, and to the stats module
  • Code cleanup and a function length utility
  • Artifact description edits

The teleport other description change is not in the version currently up on rephial (sorry, SSK!), but I do have a change committed, and hope to have that change in a new version on rephial later today.

Thanks for all of the feedback. Please follow up in this thread with any reports you may have.
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 07:16   #2
PowerDiver
Prophet

PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Yeeha! I think this is the release I've been waiting for since January. You might want to give it a real label.

Just please tell me that this includes the fix to detect invisible, which was marked closed on trac.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 07:19   #3
Timo Pietilš
Prophet

Timo Pietilš is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
Yeeha! I think this is the release I've been waiting for since January. You might want to give it a real label.

Just please tell me that this includes the fix to detect invisible, which was marked closed on trac.
Last one in "bug fixes"
Timo Pietilš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 12:50   #4
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:

That's interesting - what is it about this release that has you so positive? (It can't be the dInvis fix, because that was a regression post-January!)

Just a warning note to everybody: do not play with Preserve off in this version, as you may well lose artifacts carried by unkilled monsters. I had preserve back to front in my head so have not yet amended the preservation code to account for the earlier generation of drops.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 14:39   #5
d_m
Angband Devteam member

d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I think there are still a few bugs (teleport-other description, the preserve issue Magnate mentioned) that should be fixed. After (and a bit more testing) that I agree that it's worth tagging in some way.

EDIT: Because my post was confusing:
1. There were other bugs
2. They are now fixed and will be in the next nightly
3. It will be worth tagging if it is tested a bit and found to be pretty stable.

Last edited by d_m; May 5, 2011 at 15:36.
d_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 18:24   #6
Chud
Swordsman

Chud is on a distinguished road
The problem with incorporating a carriage return in a keymap (e.g. "R&\n") still seems to be an issue - I assume there's already an open ticket for that.
Chud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 18:32   #7
PowerDiver
Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
That's interesting - what is it about this release that has you so positive? (It can't be the dInvis fix, because that was a regression post-January!)
I was ready to port some code, but there were blocking(*) bugs. I think the first was the invisible purple monsters, but I don't really remember any more. Then a long progression in which a new blocking bug was introduced before the previous one was fixed. The dInvis bug is merely the last one.

You folks teased me a few times by closing all of the trac issues that bothered me, and then I'd find out something else got broken but hadn't been noticed yet. This better not be a repeat!

I don't mean the above as a complaint. You have to expect that sort of thing given the pace and nature of V development. I've just been waiting for a long time.

(*) Bugs bad enough that I didn't want to play with them, and introduced recently so it made more sense to me for the person who introduced them to fix them rather than for me to debug them myself.
Old May 5, 2011, 18:35   #8
PowerDiver
Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Last one in "bug fixes"
Showing that I am blind. I looked 3 times. There's a reason I asked for running to be disturbed the step before you move adjacent to a monster.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Old May 5, 2011, 18:58   #9
Chud
Swordsman

Chud is on a distinguished road
There also seems to be a bug in item stacking, and numbering items in the home.

I bought some !CCW in town and noticed they didn't stack together in my inventory, and by dropping some and collecting some I was able to get them t group in different ways - 30 and 2, 20 and 19, and then the same thing with the life levels ones.

FYI...
Chud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2011, 21:20   #10
myshkin
Angband Devteam member

myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud View Post
The problem with incorporating a carriage return in a keymap (e.g. "R&\n") still seems to be an issue - I assume there's already an open ticket for that.
That is correct...trac ticket #1378. Patches cheerfully accepted. Beyond that, I believe no one is actively working on it, but it ought to get closed before 3.3.0.
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote